Author Topic: Newbie checking in  (Read 7336 times)

Fretless

• Stuck in the middle of the Corn Ghetto!
    • View Profile
Newbie checking in
« on: March 20, 2016, 02:56:57 PM »
Howdy! My name is Joe Gallion and I've been lurking about since the end of December. Looks like I found the right place to hang out-I have played bass and guitar since 1980, and have been modding my instruments since 1988. From what I see here, y'all are way ahead of me, lol. Simply put, I am here to hang out and learn everything I can! Thanks in advance for putting up with me!
I could'a been a visionary...a hundred years ago!

Rob

• View Profile
Re: Newbie checking in
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »
Welcome Joe!

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
Welcome!  Share some of your mods in the Projects sub forum.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 07:09:46 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:31:28 AM »
Welcome aboard!  Please post images of your favorite WWII aircraft immediately.   ;D
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »

I'm the only "normal" person on this forum, please be welcome here  ;D

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 11:44:14 AM »
Thanks in advance for putting up with me!
You'd be surprised at what we put up with here.
Chrome or black, btw? All new members must be properly classified.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
Don't listen to them!  It's a false dichotomy! Free your mind and your hardware finish will follow!
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
Very, very welcome home, Mr Fretless!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 02:21:20 PM »
Chrome. Lots of chrome. We like chrome....  :-X
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Fretless

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Finish-wise, about everything I have is chrome, except for a LTD Viper 100 FM that has black nickel hardware, and an Ovation Tangent 357 with black nickel. That said, I prefer chrome or nickel...ooh, shiny!   Pics will be hit and miss for a while-but I will post 'em when I can! Now, about the favorite WWII aircraft-that's gonna be a lot a pics, 'cos there's bout a round dozen that I like, lol. Oddly enough, my main bass is a Squier VM Jazz fretless, and I haven't modded a thing on it-I'm afraid it will ruin the magic! I'm about to embark on the project of a lifetime(for me, at least), a neck-thru the body fretless bass...from scratch! Haven't done any woodworking since '78(high school), so once I get started, I'll post my progress(or regress, as it may be). Anywho, thanks again for the welcome-looks like a fun ride ahead!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
Ah... a radiused flat-wood buddie... :mrgreen:

(hmm... not much mention of Gibson in his post... :vader: )
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Finish-wise, about everything I have is chrome, except for a LTD Viper 100 FM that has black nickel hardware, and an Ovation Tangent 357 with black nickel. That said, I prefer chrome or nickel...ooh, shiny!   Pics will be hit and miss for a while-but I will post 'em when I can! Now, about the favorite WWII aircraft-that's gonna be a lot a pics, 'cos there's bout a round dozen that I like, lol. Oddly enough, my main bass is a Squier VM Jazz fretless, and I haven't modded a thing on it-I'm afraid it will ruin the magic! I'm about to embark on the project of a lifetime(for me, at least), a neck-thru the body fretless bass...from scratch! Haven't done any woodworking since '78(high school), so once I get started, I'll post my progress(or regress, as it may be). Anywho, thanks again for the welcome-looks like a fun ride ahead!

Thunderbolts are held in high regard here, esp. D models with the variable pitch prop. Corsairs too  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Fretless

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 04:56:21 PM »
Gibsons?!? Never owned a T-Bird, but always wanted one. Have owned in the misty past-a Victory single pup, a Ripper, and a G3(which I gutted and re-routed, installing a pair of Jazz Lace Sensors(1 about 2 inches from the neck and the second about 2 inches from the bridge)and wired it like a Jazz. I did not like the tone of the 3 stock pups. The result was a rather Ric-y sounding, very punchy bass. Want to snatch an EB3 someday also. Wouldn't mind owning an RD either. Love Gibby necks! Now, on to the warbirds-Thunderbolts were built in Evansville, Indiana, about 60 miles south of my location in the Corn Ghetto. My Dad wrenched on T-bolts, Corsairs, Hellcats and Bearcats in the Navy briefly before being shipped to Korea for the fiasco over there. I love WWII warbirds !
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:01:52 PM by Fretless »