Author Topic: Faster than Yngwie!  (Read 2883 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Faster than Yngwie!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »
As if I had posted it ... You can be tasteful even in tights as an over-sixty-year-old with a much too young American wife of Polish descent faking a Brit accent. It's all in the hands.

Dave, what is this? Stadium medieval folk?  8)

You mean I have to listen to it?  ???

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 09:09:53 PM »
You mean I have to listen to it?  ???

Well I'm not going to!

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
On the local hard rock station they do a segment on new releases every Tues. A couple of weeks ago they introduced 'Blackmore's Night' and started to play a song clip. The song was stopped immediately and someone was yelled at for loading the wrong music because "this isn't the Deep Purple guy's music". After a quick check of the disc and the internet, they were stunned that he was indeed playing "Elf Music" as they called it. They played three quick sections of songs before the main jock just said "We will not be playing this on our station....ever". I had a to laugh because I figured that at that moment, somewhere in Germany a lawyer might have felt a sudden sub-conscience need to defend Blackmore's honor.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »
... as an over-sixty-year-old with a much too young American wife G/F of Russian descent living a Brit. It's all in the hands.

Dave, what is this? Stadium medieval folk?  8)

i changed it so i can identify (I love you Callie) we had fun. i wish i was a young 40 again and my fingers were fast as they used to be! sigh...

now i'm getting so decrepit i can't even trust a fart
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 04:42:02 AM »
Whatever you may think of his present course, you have to admire someone for steering his own one, regardless of opinion...

I just loved the way Neil Young was given total artistic freedom by David Geffen to sign up and when Geffen realised what he'd done... ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39VjfTW0Xys&NR=1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8PMCe7UME&feature=related

I don't remember any videos from Trans, so I picked something (lower right) from a video of the tour, recorded in Berlin (last date on the tour iirc) called "After Berlin" - reminisent of Hurricane or Inca - no studio version I am aware of - perfect Neil Young - performed once and never heard of again...

Oops... wandered off again... sorry...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
Fatter than Yngwie? That's pretty fat.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
Those radio station guys must be deaf. The song structures of Blackmore's Night are sometimes so close to Rainbow that it is almost to the point of aping. Don't let some medieval garb and a woman's voice fool you. Blackers is Blackers whatever he does.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
Back in the vinyl days I once slowed down an Ingwie record to half speed, and he never misses a note. Still not my cup of tea, but it was amazing.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023