Author Topic: The difference between ignorance and stupidity....  (Read 10601 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: The difference between ignorance and stupidity....
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:46 AM »
westen, may i ask where in the south you live.

I'm south of Nashville. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
I'm just wondering how she got out of grade school without knowing Hungary is a country - and that "Europe" is not a country.  That's a stunning level of ignorance.

So before I go to Europe, I should probably learn to speak European. They speak European in France, right? ???
I used to go to South America (Arkanas to be specific) a lot when I was a kid. That's where my father was born, so I didn't have any problem with the language. I guess I inherited the ability to speak South American from him. ;D
I agree that education in this country is lacking . I once had a teacher ask me to define ignorance and apathy. I told him flat out" I don't know and I don't care". He was so stupid he passed me anyway, even though I refused to answer his stupid question :o.
Rick

Bargeon

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:47 AM »
I frankly can't tell if this is an act. If it is, she'll have a hard time outliving it. But if it's not she never will.

Anyone remember Goldie Hawn on Laugh-in?  That was a class act of acting dumb.
Dyslexics untie!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »
There's also Carol Wayne, who always seemed to have the right answers on Hollywood Squares.

And, Jennifer Tilly plays the part pretty well, too.  I've seen interviews with her where she's just being herself.  Her natural voice is much different, and she can be serious.

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
If the original appearance was staged, she took it to the point where it was insulting to her.  She really appeared to be grossly ignorant.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."