Author Topic: Why Mustangs rule  (Read 3060 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Why Mustangs rule
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:08:25 AM »
Man! If you put this in a movie people will accuse you of being not realistic! It looks more like a computer game! :mrgreen:

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:10:27 AM »
I think that could be Tom!
 ;)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
Give the driver a lifelong sentence. Heavy labor. As a driving instructor for the police! Some wasted talent there, he should be doing stock car racing!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
I just have to wonder what the Oklahoma grass the perp ate at the end tasted like ;D

Still, the guy had some skills

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
HOW MANY PEOPLE DID THOSE COPS PUT AT RISK!?? for a stolen car.they should've just followed him with the helicopter.he can't drive for ever.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »

Aww...its a car, thought we were gonna have a P-51 discussion................ :-\
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
Dang, that guy had great technique! They couldn't have demonstrated it better at the Bondurant school.  The physics of that spin recovery are pretty simple, but he did a superb job of catching it and doing the required reverse 180.  No wiggle at all, either time. Putting the spin on when he was next to a guardrail was a crafty move by the cop who did that one...but the guy just wouldn't give up.

I was wondering whether that semi they passed hit the binders after they got past him...it was clear the copy was going for the spin, and I have to assume he checked and made sure the semi wasn't bearing down on him.

If they had been chasing him for 35 minutes, I think they were fully justified in taking that approach. You can't let high-speed chases go on forever - you need to finish it or drop it.

I'm not endorsing car theft or anything the guy did - but he definitely can DRIVE.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »
I think that could be Tom!
 ;)

Nah, that guy's driving a new edge SN95. I drive an S197. (That probably means nothing to anybody on this board!)

Anyway, I do most of my stunt driving on the track.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
Dang, that guy had great technique! They couldn't have demonstrated it better at the Bondurant school.

That school is about 20 minutes from me.  I got to go thru it back in 2001 - their formula course.  Come to think of it, they even had an "executive protection" course where they taught you how to execute and recover from those bump moves that the cops were doing in that video.

I got the biggest kick out of their "skid car".  They had it rigged with these hydraulically assisted training wheels that the instructor would adjust on the fly to create oversteer and understeer conditions.  Your goal was to keep from biting it in the process  ;D  Here's a clip of me trying to keep it together:

...and that was at relatively low speeds.  Can't imagine doing what the guy in that video did!  He definitely has pro skills.  Wonder what the story with him was?!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:31:48 PM »
I went through the Bondurant School at Sears Point back in the mid-80's and took the two-day hi-performance course.  It was great fun, and made me a much smoother and more technically competent driver. Later I had the chance to take the week-long Washington State Patrol Instructor's school at their training center at Shelton, WA - similar concepts, but somewhat differently applied for use on public roads.  I agree, that guy showed pro quality skills.  He should be out on a track somewhere, not stealing cars.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

leftybass

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
Cool. My first car, in high school, 1976, was a '68 Mustang GT 2+2 fastback. White with red racing stripes. It was awesome and I loved it. Sold it in 1990.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2014 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2013 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2012 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2011 Austin Music Poll
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" 2010 Austin Music Poll

Proud owner of Dee Murray's Steinberger.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »
Yo. I'd love to have my '66 GTO back, 10-13 MPG and everything!