Author Topic: The German Flag  (Read 4408 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: The German Flag
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 09:09:27 AM »
Oops.....

On an alternative note:

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 08:42:53 AM »
my Squire SQ Series MIJ
I have an '83 SQ Tele, fantastic guitar. Love the 70s styling, every bit as good as the JV at half the price... paid $500, wish I cold find another one for that price.

The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 11:13:26 AM »
There are plenty of swastika symbols in New Mexico, of native origin. The New Mexico State U. yearbook was called the Swastika into the 1980s.

Also Vedic, Celtic, and Slavic cultures.  Almost universal in fact.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 03:26:25 PM »
More German fun.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
I have an '83 SQ Tele, fantastic guitar. Love the 70s styling, every bit as good as the JV at half the price... paid $500, wish I cold find another one for that price.

I found that P-Bass at Guitar Center sometime around Y2K, hanging in the "used basses" section with a $95 price tag on it.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 08:56:47 AM »
I found that P-Bass at Guitar Center sometime around Y2K, hanging in the "used basses" section with a $95 price tag on it.
Wait... what?

'83/'84 SQ's are still a secret.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »
Wait... what?

'83/'84 SQ's are still a secret.

Not hardly,lol. Almost anybody that knows Fenders well knows what the deal is with them. When I found it, I was aware that MIJ Squiers were special, but since GC had not yet started the practice of researching the trade-in stock that fell short of the Burst Brothers pedigree standards, it went out on the rack with little fanfare. It hung there, just a used Squier - lonely, forlorn and drop dead gorgeous. The glossy headstock (which was not a feature on then-current Squiers), gave it away. I couldn't get out of the store with it quickly enough.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 02:06:59 PM »
Around here SQ and even low serial JV's are bought and sold below typical US prices (MIA Fenders are above). Kids here look down on Squiers, they want MIA Fenders. With Gibson there is no such snobbery - the kids like Epi's.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 02:46:50 AM »
I know too many JV-lovers in The Netherland and imho the prices are too high.

Just too bully those guys a bit, I had the title 'JV sceptic' in my facebook name for a while  :mrgreen: They are great instruments, similar to good Japanese ones, so also to some US ones (*). My problem is that some people almosty claim there's fluid gold coming out of the jack output or if you play one you're better than Pino, without any lessons. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but imho it's not the miracle bass some people claim. Just good to very good.

(* )I had a bad MIA Fender, an okay MIA Fender, a mediocre/bad CIJ, some very good MIMs and a great Chinese (!) Fender. So I don't really care about the country of origin.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
As I'm sure you know, the swastika was hardly "theirs". The number of cultural variations on the theme is staggering.

The swastika (indeed an ancient symbol) on the Nazi flag doesn't bother me as much as that garish black-white-red combo, it looks trashy, cheap and totalitarian, but that kind of sums the Nazis up.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...