Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Dean Markley string issues

<< < (2/2)

Psycho Bass Guy:
I've always hated Blue Steels: dead in a second and often dead out of the box, and this from a guy who changes strings every few decades! You don't have to look hard to hear similar tales about Blue Steels going back a very long time, but I've always loved the SR2000's; they're on my Marcus Miller Jazz. I hate to hear that they're not good anymore and wonder if maybe the same QC issue or perhaps design flaw got ported over to the new factory and they've now screwed up the one bass set that Dean Markley put out with a good reputation.

I have a similar story with Ernie Ball Slinky 5's except about length for stringing my G&L L2500 through the body, and the new strings they sent me for free still didn't work, but I adjusted to stringing it through the back of the bridge. I may get a set of longer scale strings for it one day, when I change strings again in another few years.

Tim Brosnan:
I have switched most of my basses to D'addario pro steels, and I think I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of them.

Ed Friedland plays a p bass with 10 year old LaBella hard rockin steels on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version