Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Oops... I did it again. 2016 ES Les Paul Bass

<< < (3/21) > >>

gearHed289:
Cool and beautiful bass. Congrats!

Grog:
Thanks, I'm anxious to get my hands on it. It arrived in Minneapolis at 9:19 this morning, likely about 15 miles from my house. I'll have to wait until around 5:00 on Tuesday afternoon before it gets delivered. Torture! Be patient old man!

westen44:
Reminds me of the Jack Bruce & Robin Trower "Seven Moons" concert when Jack concludes by saying "thanks for putting up with us old men."

veebass:
Conratulations, the burst is beautiful.
Look forward to pics of your bass when it arrives.

I understand, I made a snap purchase last week and bought this.
I couldn't resist. It is mint, local and well priced. I gigged it last night and it is very nice (in a steam roller sort of a way).
2012 LP OSB.

It changes colour under stage lights- it shocked our singer so much she took her phone out and snapped a few pics mid song!

Grog:
Congrats on your bass! Great find! I bought the exact same bass when it first came out, mine is a 2011. They only produced 400 of the first batch with the smaller headstock & only one third of them were gold. Its a bit heavy, but a great bass. Owning that bass is why I opted to buy the sunburst this time around, or I would have bought the gold version of the ES Les Paul most likely. The hardware on these two basses look pretty much identical. The pickups look the same but are said to be different on the Memphis version. Time will tell. Enjoy your new bass!

Mine is pictured next to my '69 LP Deluxe I bought 44 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version