Author Topic: spend money to make me look ridiculous and help autistic kids  (Read 862 times)

wellREDman

• View Profile
Hi Guys,
    I'm fundraising to create a noisy room at the school for autistic kids where I work. Im gonna shave my beard off and am letting the public decide how its gonna be by auctioning off votes

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0y099/ab/34eDU2?psid=df04e246274a4b5dafc41ed31f745913&fb_ref=share__34eDU2

If you donate, I look like a dick :)

p.s. please dont vote for "semi skimmed" the kids are going bananas for that one and I'm already regretting putting it on the list

wellREDman

• View Profile
Re: spend money to make me look ridiculous and help autistic kids
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 12:06:11 AM »
little bit sad at the lack of response to this,
 I know times are tough but a quid or two , via paypal, isnt really much to ask is it?
 it will make such a difference to some young people whose lives are very tough

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »
It's fine of you to ask, and i understand your disappointment, but please keep in mind that people do devote time and money to their own causes, and some here are in need themselves.

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »
absolutely, no wukkas,
thats why I only expressed my sadness rather than anything negative, and gently reminded what a small donation we are asking and that is was easy via paypal.
 I apologies if anyone found it offensive.
I read LBO most days and if any of you lot  were to ask for a quid for a good cause via paypal I'd bung in, I was genuinely surprised that it hadn't happened.
 Plus I've been growing the blasted thing for over a year and am a bit exasperated at how short it's falling as a fundraising idea when I though it was a peach.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:56:59 PM by wellREDman »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »
I'm sure no one took offense.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »
What happens to the beard if you don't reach the goal? Are you still going to shave it in the style that the final vote called for?
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

wellREDman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
realistically i didn't expect to raise the whole lot with the beard stunt so its getting shaved in whatever gets the most votes, which unfortunately at the moment is the Half and half.
  my next step I think will be a benefit gig/party, a local pub have agreed to host it, I'm thinking Blues Barbeque

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:42:48 PM »
... to burn the rest off...? ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »
realistically i didn't expect to raise the whole lot with the beard stunt so its getting shaved in whatever gets the most votes, which unfortunately at the moment is the Half and half.
  my next step I think will be a benefit gig/party, a local pub have agreed to host it, I'm thinking Blues Barbeque

I voted for the Blackadder. I think it's time for trimmed facial hair to make a comeback. I work with a few guys that seem to be in full ZZ Top mode for their beard growth.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT