Author Topic: Meet the new Kim  (Read 996 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Meet the new Kim
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
I wasn't aware until today that Kim Deal quit The Pixies in mid-June.

They announced today that she's been replaced by Kim Shattuck of The Muffs. Although Kim is Muffs lead guitarist/vocalist, she was bassist for The Pandoras in the late 80s.

If you're not familiar with her, here's the Lucky Guy intro video from 1992. She's still rockin' hard at age 49. Backing Frank Black will be quite a change.

Andrew

• View Profile
Re: Meet the new Kim
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:15:38 PM »
I wasn't aware until today that Kim Deal quit The Pixies in mid-June.

Same here, I stumbled upon the news earlier today because the Pixies released a new song. A song that at least on first listen I'm not caring that much for to be honest.

Love the Pixies and have tickets for The Breeders coming up.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
I used to run into Kim Shattuck once in a while at a rehearsal studio our respective bands used in Burbank, early to mid 90's. That might actually be where I started finding quirky/cute girls really attractive. I remember thinking she was cuter (and taller) than photos at the time made her seem.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:39:28 AM »
Same here, I stumbled upon the news earlier today because the Pixies released a new song. A song that at least on first listen I'm not caring that much for to be honest.

Love the Pixies and have tickets for The Breeders coming up.

I don't care for the new song either. Sounds like Frank's solo work more than a Pixies song. According to Rolling Stone, neither Kim played on the track. It was Jeremy Dubs, who occasionally plays with Frank, on bass and backing vocals.

Some reports say Kim just wanted to concentrate on The Breeders. Makes sense. They've been more active in recent years.

I used to run into Kim Shattuck once in a while at a rehearsal studio our respective bands used in Burbank, early to mid 90's. That might actually be where I started finding quirky/cute girls really attractive. I remember thinking she was cuter (and taller) than photos at the time made her seem.

Cute and quirky is a great description. Not a conventional beauty but she's appealing to me.