Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

4003 Reissue Horseshoe Problems

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dave W:
Or, for $600, there's a real horseshoe.  :vader:

dadagoboi:

--- Quote from: gearHed289 on December 16, 2016, 08:17:40 AM ---I had the same problem with the most recent reissue. The A and D poles are too much taller than the E and G, and it was audibly noticeable. I briefly had a '92 V63, and I've owned a 4001CS since new in '92, and those were/are fine. The solution? Sell the pickup and put a current model high gain with adjustable poles on the bass. They don't sound a helluva lot different.  8)

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Tom.  I'll pass it on!

--- Quote from: Dave W on December 16, 2016, 08:47:54 AM ---Or, for $600, there's a real horseshoe.  :vader:

--- End quote ---

I keep wanting to add another suffix to horse besides 'shoe'. ;D

Thornton Davis:

--- Quote from: dadagoboi on December 16, 2016, 09:24:28 AM ---I keep wanting to add another suffix to horse besides 'shoe'. ;D

--- End quote ---

Does that word happen to have the letters "i and t" within it?.

TD

cheyenne:
You have to put in a couple of spacers, but you can remove the shoes.

steveonbass:
Bending the shoes worked for me.  Not difficult to do at all - a nut, a bolt and two wrenches.  Instead of making the E and G louder, the focus is to move the shoes further from the A and D to make them quieter.  It was not difficult at all. I'm sure someone has documented the process on-line.  That's how i fixed mine (when i had it -sniff).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version