Author Topic: Catch of the day  (Read 3663 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Catch of the day
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »
I thought the Turks got there first, then you kicked them out, then we moved in, and then gave it to the Greeks in '47... Rodos, vai...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
I was thinking of Crete!

I always say: We'll let Turkey into the EU if they promise to reinstate benevolent Osman rule and efficiency in that former part of theirs now captioned Greece. But then Kostas, the fruit vendor, starts shouting at me!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »
Pah, we got that island first. Only cost us half of our paratrooper force.

Sitting ducks mein Führer, just sitting ducks! :P

I was thinking of Crete!

I always say: We'll let Turkey into the EU if they promise to reinstate benevolent Osman rule and efficiency in that former part of theirs now captioned Greece. But then Kostas, the fruit vendor, starts shouting at me!

A Greece-Turkey union, if done right, would benefit both countries I think. Then we will not need EU and your imported corruption, we have our own after all! :P 

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:49:43 PM by exiledarchangel »
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »
I'm contemplating watching my DVD of The Guns of Navarone after this discussion...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
I lived on Rodos for a while in the early eighties... too much ouzo... the music career was not going well... spent time on Kriti too... much to my disgust the museum in Iraklion's dolphin fresco (from Knosos) was under wraps whilst the upper floor was undergoing renovation, so I only got to see where it came from, and not the original article...

I've found that most islanders have a laidback mentality that I can associate with well, especially the Greeks... the Brits are popular in Rodos for reasons noted previously...

One of my favourite views in Greece is from near the church on top of the hill overlooking a horseshoe-shaped harbour on Simi - the harbour kinda smells not so good at sea-level though...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...