Author Topic: bass guitar calendar?  (Read 3425 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: bass guitar calendar?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
In the smartphone age, do people really still buy calendars? I haven't hung one up for years until today, and that's only because my Dakota was selected for one of the months on the annual Norwegian Elkhound Rescue calendar.

Don't let me stop anyone, though.

I always have one on my office wall. Sometimes two, one with the following month. My job is nothing but deadlines...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
I admit that I haven't used a paper calendar in a decade.  I do have a 3 Stooges calendar in my garage, but it has been left on the page with the Wolfman looking over the Stooges' shoulders for about, say, 5 years...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »
I could......... :o

You know  ;)

The mind boggles...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 10:44:26 AM »
Certainly 2015 leaves plenty of time to sort out what it includes - It just seems fitting that we include a month featuring Mark/Fraulien Rommel/Veronika and the associated basses- maybe other members as well.  Maybe one feature Uwe's collection as tiles to fill the page?

Certainly I don't depend on paper calendars like I used to but I do use a 12 month planner type on the wall behind my desk as it is very helpful to mark up for vacations and such.

I talked to my customers.  They run 8.5 x 11 pages, double sided - which will make an 11x17 calendar, with a coil bind.  $19.95 for the first, this includes setup, and $13.95 for each thereafter.  They'll discount for quantity when we have a number in mind. I'm going to look at what Vista print can do as well now that I have a local price.  

UPDATE:  Vistaprint will $12.90 at 100 for quantity with coil bind.  I think my folks may be able to beat this but Vistaprint uses gloss stock and my guys use 28 pound plain paper. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:52:25 AM by Lightyear »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »

I always make one custom calender for my self every year, in the past I wasn't careful about who printed it, Alison put together last years and leaving the subject of the pics (me) out of it I can tell you it's a postively beautiful job. She made another of her own art/nature photographs using the same company, again fantastic!

I will find out who she used and see if I can shoot a sample of it later today. 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »
We'll have to reserve one page for Uwe's Continental V.  :vader:

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 04:56:18 PM »
I saved the promo PDF for just such a day... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...