Author Topic: Ripper. Grabber, G-3 hardshell case question  (Read 5021 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Ripper. Grabber, G-3 hardshell case question
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
I still cannot believe no one else has tried out the G-3.

The whole Ripper/Grabber/G-3 family is chained in the crypt and hidden from sight. No one ever really thought them attractive, certainly not in the seventies. It was a conscious move to play them just the same.

Over the decades, they have grown on me. I now think their behemoth flat body friggin' cool and different from anything else. Elegant in a way a JB, Ric or a TB is elegant they're not though. But they were made for a working man's appeal.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »

They're totally a working class blue collar band....Ok, DiNizio *is* a bit of an odd Boheimian but, they just rock and roll without all the usual crap. I have always really liked their no nonsense approach and Mike Mesaros is the true rock n roll soldier on the bass, yet comes thru with some really fun lines on "Blue Period" "In a Lonely Place" and my fave "Too much Passion". I thought I'd read somewhere that DiNizio had suffered some illness and the weight gain was a result of the medication.........I could well be wrong there tho.

Pat supposedly had some kind of nervous disorder, I never heard that it had anything to do with his weight gain but it's possible.

No nonsense rock is a great description. Mike Mesaros had some simple and great bass lines. Drown In My Own Tears, Behind The Wall Of Sleep, and of course Blood And Roses. (apologies for the Fender and Rick content)

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 06:23:13 AM »
Behind the wall of sleep and blood and roses are great songs!! I've always liked this band. My brother went to a house tour that Pat did (I think last year) where he went to different peoples houses across the country and played a show. Jon said it was a great experience.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT