Author Topic: Evidently Steve Miller has no love for RRHOF (+Why Uwe is now a broken man!)  (Read 9742 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Back to Steve Miller: This Whole Industry Is F--kin' Gangsters and Crooks (NSFW language warning)

After 50 years, he's discovered what everyone else knows about the music industry. Gangsters and crooks? I'm shocked!  :bored:

At least he said he did it for his fans. That's important. IMHO still doesn't make him less ungracious.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
So, I'm watching the RRHOF show on HBO.  Rick Nielsen also took a quick shot at them over the cost of attending.

When did David Ogden-Stiers become a drummer?   ???
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
I also happened to run across the show last night on HBO.  I watched part of Steve Miller's "acceptance" speech.  Maybe he had some valid criticism later of the music industry.  But he was so full of himself giving that speech that I had to turn it off.  I'm definitely not a fan and never have been.  Yes, he has talent, but there are others out there with far greater talent. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Hörnisse

• View Profile