Author Topic: New Martin Reissue  (Read 1446 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
New Martin Reissue
« on: January 25, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
The D-45 Authentic 1942 made just like they were back in the day, from the non-adjustable truss rod to the hot hide glue (although the YouTube video says it's PLEK prepared -- that wasn't around then!).

Want to find out if the old ones sounded better? MSRP is only $59,999. I'm sure you can get one for a few bucks less.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: New Martin Reissue
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
Nice! Does it come in a lefty?   :o

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:34:14 AM »
Nice! Does it come in a lefty?   :o

Is that your pick-up line?

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »
Does it come in a lefty?   :o
Is that your pick-up line?

I guess I'm ambidextrous afterall - yay!  :D

Basshappi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:34 AM »
Holy Toledo!
Nothing is what it seems but everthing is exactly what it is.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
There was a guy that my Dad used to play with when I was just a little kid (late 50s early 60s) , who had a pre war Martin with a red spruce top. Even as a little know nothing kid , l could tell how remarkable it sounded. All you need is a halfway decent set of ears >:(. The guy was actually a hack player but his instrument was absolutely amazing :o. Louder, brighter and just remarkably resonant compared to everyone else who were playing Gibson dreadnaughts and arch tops (not a slouch in the bunch). It was not just the construction of the Martin but the materials, specificly the red spruce top. The war caused a shortage of red spruce, and depending who you talk to, it takes a red spruce 50 to 75 years to mature and make a fine resonant instrument. So, starting right about now there is a lot of red spruce that's getting ripe and ready to make some first class acoustic instruments ;D. I expect that in the next few years you're going to see some acoustics that will sound like nothing that most have ever heard.
I remember my father saying on many occassions, " It's a damn sin for an ass like that to have such a beautful sounding guitar ".
Rick