Author Topic: 2009 Musikmesse und Uwefest Teil Zwei.  (Read 3001 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
2009 Musikmesse und Uwefest Teil Zwei.
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:54:08 AM »
Hi there,

I'm just back from Germany where I visited Uwe and the Frankfurter Musikmesse. I still have to upload my pictures, so I'll post 'm later.

The Gibson booth at the Messe was really disappointing: Two Gibson basses: a normal Thunderbird and the block inlay SG Standard bass. That's it. Period. I asked the guys about the Grabber/Ripper and they said they will be available within three months. And here's the only news: I was cheky enough to ask when the BFG bass would be available and the guy said: End of the year, December. So that's a kind of a scoop, isn't it?

Then Epiphone: Just the normal ones and three neck through Thunderbird Pro's..... hanging locked on a wall so I couldn't try them out. For comparison: At Fender's I just pulled the 5.000 dollar Custom Shop twohumbucker Tele bass off the wall and played it! I even dropped a Road Worn by incident, which maked it a real Road Worn bass;)

Well, as I said I post pics later on.

Visiting Uwe was great again!!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: 2009 Musikmesse und Uwefest Teil Zwei.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »
I uploaded some pics at my MySpace. Go to:

www.myspace.com/chrispdekker
then pictures and then 'Chris @ Uwe' or something. The first pics are of last year and at the end you'll find the new pics called '@ Uwe's 2009'.

And this is the enourmous Gibson Bass Corner at the Messe:

Impressive, isn't it.

And the Epis:

Blazer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
Thanks for that Chris, I'm not going this year but I'd like to come along next year because I would love to see "Ze kollekshön" for myself.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:57:54 PM »
Too bad about the Epi birds being locked.

Nice pics from Uwe's lair.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:21:24 PM »
Gives new meaning to the term "man cave" : ;D

The only thing that is out of place is the Che poster.  Just as soon as I can find the one I want I'm sending Uwe a nice "Ronnie Raygun" print - suitable for framing - of couse :P

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
Nice collection, Herr Bassmeister...   :mrgreen: with envy...! why did I get drawn to that EB3 with the sunset fin...?

RD...? "Metal Corner" instrument...?

I can understand "Che" being there - Isn't there a bit of the "Revoloutionary Spirit" within us all, even if it is caged somewhere deep within...?

I almost feel sorry for the 20/20, sitting all by herself, on a shelf, forlorn, unloved - are they really that bad, is there a "worse" Gibson model, or one less loved...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:13:37 AM »
That Sunset fin is the infamous Clownburst; the only Gibson more infamous than the 20/20.
Metal Corner: Uwe has this corner outside his office with the Flying V, Explorers and the RD. It looks a bit metal-ish.

This year I didn't play the 20/20, but I kinda like it!

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
Nice pics . What a collection!! I believe the strawberry blond LPbass  is the  one Doc made. Nice !!!
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 07:55:47 AM »
In a womanly fit of jealeousy, Mark has raided Doug's Photobucket account ...   
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »

No...no, no!  ;D

I think he's hiding something.............and just doesn't want to come out of the closet with it  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 08:20:07 AM »
Nice collection, Herr Bassmeister...   :mrgreen: with envy...! why did I get drawn to that EB3 with the sunset fin...?

RD...? "Metal Corner" instrument...?

I can understand "Che" being there - Isn't there a bit of the "Revoloutionary Spirit" within us all, even if it is caged somewhere deep within...?

I almost feel sorry for the 20/20, sitting all by herself, on a shelf, forlorn, unloved - are they really that bad, is there a "worse" Gibson model, or one less loved...?

:mrgreen: The 20/20 is not forlorn or unloved, it just rests on that cupboard because it is the one bass that has enough room there! Gibson have built much more unfortunate basses than the 20/20. In its way, the design is immaculate, it was recently mentioned in a German bass mag as "probably the most ergonomic long scale paddle bass" because Steinberger's design idea of the extended upper horn places it much better before your gut, making it less of a stretching erxercise to reach the low F than on other paddle basses. Soundwise it sounds like basses were supposed to sound in the eighties, lots of treble and presence, lot's of bass rumble, no mids - imagine how the bass on Starship's "We built this City" sounded and you have the (aural) picture.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »
Hmm... I'm bringing some order into my PhotoBucket account by making different folders for like 'Chris on bass', 'Basses', 'Cats' and '16-year-old female gymnastics'. But now some links seem to change:(

I'll try to repair it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »
What about the "Chris & Mark: Romantic Moments, Model Trains & Dark Tunnels" account? You're deleting that?!!!  :o

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 08:48:55 AM »

"Dark Tunnels"............. :rolleyes:

Worn Cherry maybe...................I can go with that  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 09:34:15 AM »
I was only talking about my public folders.