Author Topic: Gibson brass bridge covers for TBirds on the bay  (Read 960 times)

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
Gibson brass bridge covers for TBirds on the bay
« on: September 12, 2011, 07:56:58 AM »
Hi lads, i remember someone (maybe a swedish guy) where looking for the old brass covers, Greatdealz got'em here: http://cgi.ebay.it/Vintage-Gibson-Parts-Bridge-Cover-for-EB-Tbird-Bass-/250890778949?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a6a417945

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Gibson brass bridge covers for TBirds on the bay
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:41:08 AM »
That unchromed brass look is nice but it only makes sense if the other hardware has the same look.  :-\
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »

At least it's not black!

I got a couple of these when he first offered them, nice but CROME plating was spendy.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »

I got a couple of these when he first offered them, nice but CROME plating was spendy.

Which is probably why he's selling them so low. I imagine it was never his intent to do anything but resell everything as is.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »

Most plating guys have a minimum charge of about 90.00-110.00, + a charge for the actual pieces, + a 3-4 week wait, you really gotta like chrome  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 02:06:28 PM »
Hi, here's The Swede! The piece I'm looking for is the cover for the neck pup. The bridge pup covers turns up every now and then, but the front covers are more seldom seen. Unfortunately. There was someone here on the Outpost that had thoughts of making the neck pup covers, but I can't remember who it was... Anyone out there who remembers?