Author Topic: It's just a cow, Officer!  (Read 899 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: It's just a cow, Officer!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2023, 05:39:13 AM »
Wasn’t there a Disney or Pixar movie where the animation artists drew the hero, a male cow, throughout with an udder, because not one of those city slickers knew that bulls don’t have them? They released it that way too.

They’re poisoning our innocent kids with all that transgender stuff!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2023, 11:20:14 AM »
Woke cows? What will they think of
Next?

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2023, 12:49:12 PM »
Its name is Howdy Doody;D

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2023, 12:50:22 PM »
With what I saw on the back of the car, they missed a comma.  Howdy, doody.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2023, 09:18:03 AM »
With those horns, I wouldn't give that bull no crap.

It's now hit all German newspapers, the African bull in a chopped up limousine driving around in America. Goes well with how we imagine all you Yanks to be!  :mrgreen: ;D ;)

It's an awesome, beautiful animal btw - I think I'd have real issues eating it, but it's most likely a breeder anyway.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 09:13:41 PM »
With those horns, I wouldn't give that bull no crap.

It's now hit all German newspapers, the African bull in a chopped up limousine driving around in America. Goes well with how we imagine all you Yanks to be!  :mrgreen: ;D ;)

It's an awesome, beautiful animal btw - I think I'd have real issues eating it, but it's most likely a breeder anyway.

It's a steer, not a bull, so not a breeder. But he's a pet. so I don't foresee him becoming a meal. Unless he's like the Three Legged Pig

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2023, 06:04:54 AM »
Balls!

Or rather: their absence then.

In Germany, a Stier is fertile male cattle, while neutered males are Ochsen. We also have the word Bulle for fertile male older cattle, Stier is generally associated with a more youngish animal, but the differentiation isn't always that clear. All bulls 'fighting' Spanish matadors (i.e. being abused by them) are Stiere to us, bullfighting is Stierkampf.

In our law firm, the young associate who mistakenly drafted a horse sales contract obligating the seller to warrant fertility of the Wallach (= gelding) to the buyer is the stuff of mythological legend. Though Georg, once he was made aware that he was asking for the impossible to be warranted, gave as good as he got: "See, that is typically wasteful Western capitalism, I'm from East Germany, we had nothing, but lots of it, and in communism you learned to never throw anything away!"

Georg's equestrian knowledge might not have been all that surefootedhoofed, but he became a very successful attorney/partner and eventually the managing partner of the Frankfurt office of a US competitor. He still tells the story of the "zeugungsfähiger Wallach" (fertile gelding) to his new clients to break the ice.  8)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 06:14:32 AM by uwe »

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 09:25:18 AM »
Wasn’t there a Disney or Pixar movie where the animation artists drew the hero, a male cow, throughout with an udder, because not one of those city slickers knew that bulls don’t have them? They released it that way too.

They’re poisoning our innocent kids with all that transgender stuff!

There was a kid's show when my now 21 yo was little that had a "male cow" character with an udder and teats. Always bothered me.  ;D EDIT - I guess the show sprang from a movie called Barnyard.