Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

My work here is done...

<< < (3/8) > >>

TBird1958:

--- Quote from: 4stringer77 on September 07, 2017, 07:50:16 AM ---You might walk back on that decision if the 2018 limited edition Thunderbird comes to fruition. It will probably already have that Babicz bridge on there and it maybe even be sporting those probuckers the Epis are getting, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Those pole pieces look so out of place on a Thunderbird. Hey, either way, more power to you and I hope you enjoy your bolt ons  :P

--- End quote ---

There are plenty of Gibsons that aren't neck through as well, a good bolt on neck like a Lull is pretty much like a set neck and I'll take any day.
I love my Gibsons, especially the '76s but they aren't really always my bass of choice anymore.

patman:
I've had my 2013 EB 5 string for well over a year, and I still love it...with me that's usually a good sign.

Grog:
I've limited myself to buying Gibsons, just to try to contain my GAS. But more & more stores are refusing to deal with them as a company. I just stopped at a new local store (new to me) yesterday. They said that you can buy just about any brand there but Gibson & Epiphone. They are just too difficult to work with.

4stringer77:

--- Quote from: TBird1958 on September 08, 2017, 05:41:12 AM --- There are plenty of Gibsons that aren't neck through as well, a good bolt on neck like a Lull is pretty much like a set neck and I'll take any day.
I love my Gibsons, especially the '76s but they aren't really always my bass of choice anymore.

--- End quote ---

I was just teasing really. Lull basses are great. I still have a couple bolt ons. A 78' P and a Peavey Millennium but my newly reacquired Les Paul $ bass got the gig last night and didn't disappoint.

Chris P.:

--- Quote from: FrankieTbird on September 07, 2017, 08:42:43 AM ---The best Thunderbirds never had a 3-point.

--- End quote ---

Bicentennial!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version