Author Topic: RIP Mike Lull?  (Read 1345 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
RIP Mike Lull?
« on: February 14, 2020, 02:35:31 PM »
Just saw this posted on FB - no details.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Mike Lull?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »
I just saw it too.

For the non-Facebook folks here:

It is with tremendous sadness that we share that our great leader and company’s founder, Mike Lull, unexpectedly passed away on the 12th of February, 2020.

Mike was a visionary and inspiration for the Music community, and he left his indelible mark on every instrument he ever touched and every customer he ever helped. In fact, Mike never considered anyone “customers”, they were all his friends.

Mike’s dedicated staff and family will be carrying on his legacy as this is what Mike wanted.

If you would like to send your condolences, feel free to reach out at mike@mikelull.com or stop by the shop at any time.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:23:35 PM »
:(

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 04:36:55 PM »

I might be the only one here that knew him personally, he was genuinely nice, I always thought of him as a friend. Visiting with him was a chance to laugh and hear some great stories - And yes, he was a truly gifted luthier, with an uncommon ability. He set up all my basses and he made a great Thunderbird just for me, I was dressed as Veronica the day I picked it up, he was so cool.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 07:18:49 AM »
Sorry to hear this. My father also worked right up until shortly before his passing. Hopefully Mike enjoyed doing what he loved with the time he had as well.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
Very sad news. I've never played a Lull but I enjoyed looking at them and wishing I could.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 03:38:42 PM »
Have to dig our the Explorer with his replacement pups then - ruhe in (not too much) Frieden.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...