Author Topic: Non Reverse Thunderbird headstock info needed.  (Read 4600 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Non Reverse Thunderbird headstock info needed.
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:49:16 PM »
Hi! Does anybody know the thickness of a Non Reverse T Bird headstock and is the thickness consistent across the whole headstock? Thanks! Need info by tomorrow morning!! Super thanks!!!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Non Reverse Thunderbird headstock info needed.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
 Joe the thickness is the same through the entire headstock I will try and measure tonight. hope that helps. I'm crap with deadlines.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:35:20 PM »
Thanks Scott!!! I really appreciate that! I want to email Gene the dimensions for the new headstock. I gave him a tracing of the headstock and a highly detailed blue print of the Non-Rev body. I just brought the bass to Gene Liberty today. $850.00 smackers to make it right. Then...INVERNESS GREEN!!!!!!!!! I still remember when you sent me those acorn nuts for my old Non Reverse a few years ago. Thanks man!!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 04:15:28 AM »
Anytime man ! The headstock measures a solid 1/2 inch in thickness. That looks like a cool project and 850 sounds like a bargain. Reminds me of this I'm still working on.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 04:16:39 AM »
Joe, do you have copies of the NR blueprint ?

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:13:50 AM »
  I'm crap with deadlines.

I as you are aware now so am I. But I will do as I promise, someday.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 05:44:41 AM »
I was going to measure my headstock on my NR but I built that from scratch and just estimated 1/2".
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 05:44:51 AM »
 No worries John ! I did pick up a nice 12" bandsaw on Craig's list ! i am going to pick up some body blanks in the near future !

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 07:31:51 AM »
Joe, do you have copies of the NR blueprint ?

Yeah Joe, I'm sure several of us would be happy to pay you for a copy of the print you mentioned.  How about sharing the love!!!!

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
Okeedokee. Email me at jswoquinn@sbcglobal.net. Let me see how much they cost to print, shipping tube, mail. I will only charge cost. This is on the condition that this blueprint stays in the family. I'm super busy so it may take a few days or a week. But this is a NICE blueprint. You probably won't find another nice one. I will get my ass chewed out by my ex guitar repair dude, Steve Dvorak, even if he isn't repairing guitars anymore. But I don't have a decent headstock tracing. Thanks for the measurement, Scott!!! Your bird looks amazing. Can't wait to see that finished!! I am having Gene route, fill and reroute only one pickup (since pickups are so damn impossible to find) and do it inverness green. I'll have to post pics of the 64 T Bird bass that Gene fixed. Bill, do you have any Chrome tailpieces??? Joe

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »
My next project (as if I need another one) is my boss at my new job wants to CNC a body from the blueprint. I want to get a nice piece of white Limba/Korina and make another 8 string Non Reverse, possibly using those grabber blanks on ebay.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 12:10:29 PM »
Okeedokee. Email me at jswoquinn@sbcglobal.net. Let me see how much they cost to print, shipping tube, mail. I will only charge cost. This is on the condition that this blueprint stays in the family. I'm super busy so it may take a few days or a week. But this is a NICE blueprint. You probably won't find another nice one. I will get my ass chewed out by my ex guitar repair dude, Steve Dvorak, even if he isn't repairing guitars anymore. But I don't have a decent headstock tracing. Thanks for the measurement, Scott!!! Your bird looks amazing. Can't wait to see that finished!! I am having Gene route, fill and reroute only one pickup (since pickups are so damn impossible to find) and do it inverness green. I'll have to post pics of the 64 T Bird bass that Gene fixed. Bill, do you have any Chrome tailpieces??? Joe

Why not take the print to any Kinkos or most Office Max, Office Depot or Staples and have your original scanned to file as a .PDF or .TIFF file format. Depending on the physical page size and detail contained a 300 DPI scan will be less than 1 meg - if scanned at as a black and white image.  Have them write this to a USB drive and voila' you save a fortune on printing and mailing - not to mention time and hassle as the file can go out via email.  The recipient them takes the file to one of these location and gets a print for about $5.00. 8)

Trust me, on this, I know what I'm talking about  ;D ;)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »
not a bad idea.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 05:21:26 PM »
Either way, I'd love one of those prints Joe!

I am having some more tail pieces made up in chrome (I sold all of the nickel ones).  My machinist friend is really backed up, so I probably won't have them for a month or more.  I'll put you down for one if you like.