Author Topic: Show us your G&Ls!  (Read 4325 times)

rexdiablo

• View Profile
Re: Show us your G&Ls!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
I've owned several G&L basses over the years.  One of my favorites was this one.

I had the same bass, but with red sparkle finish! I thought it was horrible/wonderful!
Go fast, take chances.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »
Thanks ya'll!  Doing great, though I may be letting it go soon. I have a friend who is coveting it pretty hard, and I'm low on space.  Plus I have 2 L-1000s and he turns over equipment, so I can always find something to trade.  Any advice on good Gibson's to check out?  And what is yours posted in the never let go of thread? Reminds me of those old Wilshire electric, which I've always found super attractive.

That bass is my '63 Epiphone Embassy.  It was owned by both Tom Petersson and Jon Brandt of Cheap Trick at different times.  Mark can attest to why this bass is a keeper.  I was happy that he was the one who had it for about 8 years.  He gave it a good home.

You can't go wrong with a Thunderbird, and I had one of the Series II BaCH Birds.  For the money, it's an outstanding bass.  If someone here offers one up, go for it.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »
Any advice on good Gibson's to check out? 

Les Paul basses between 92' and 07' like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-/251165301428

I have a double cut version called the "Money Bass" that gives a lot of bang for the buck. pun intended. can't say I'm a big fan of what Gibson is churning out lately. chintzy bridge on the new Les Pauls. 3 point bridges on the T birds. mini buckers that stick out like a sore thumb and poser mudbuckers on the SG and similar style basses like the LP junior DC and flying V. Anyhow here's  my SB1.

Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
here is my early made ASAT.   i have a  string tribute  in natural but no pictures...

Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 06:55:56 AM »
Oh hell, those currently at my house. The SB-1, 81 L1000 and L-2000, and an L-5500.

Dude, that green G&L has balls the size of church bells! It sounded awesome last night!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

rexdiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
Dude, that green G&L has balls the size of church bells! It sounded awesome last night!

Thanks man! And thanks for coming out last night, too.  Always good to see you- and have fun with that longhorn!
Go fast, take chances.

neepheid

• View Profile
    • The Inevitable Teaspoons
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 02:40:23 AM »
I have procured a Tribute M-2000.  Odd bod this - the factory messed up the first batch of GTB models and what they ended up was the regular M-2000 body (so no binding/carved top) but retaining the matching headstock and the vintage tint on the back of the neck.  Good, I think the black binding on the white body looked silly anyway :)

Apologies for the iffy white balance in a couple of the pics, I assure you it's as white as milk!
Basses: Epi JC Sig 20th Anniversary - Epi Les Paul Standard - Epi Korina Explorer - G&L CLF L-1000 - G&L Tribute LB-100 - Sire D5 - Reverend Triad - Harley Benton HB-50
Band: The Inevitable Teaspoons

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »
Nice bass. Maybe one day it will be considered a G&L Tribute rarebird. Looks like the perfect gigging bass for Weddings, proms and bar-mitzvahs.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
 ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...