Author Topic: Vox teardrop  (Read 6972 times)

chromium

• View Profile
Re: Vox teardrop
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »
Oh yeah baby

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 06:04:26 AM »
Whew, that is hot!   :o
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Thornton Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
Doc, i'm pretty sure that you've already seen this photo of my Vox Constellation, but it'll be a good reference photo for you to refer too as you proceed with your project.

TD
Please keep your eyes open for my stolen 1973 Burgundyglo Rickenbacker 4001 Serial # MD1582. It was stolen in November of 2006. Reward for its return. Thx!

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »
Oh yeah baby

Chromium.................................ummmmmmmm............ducklings......not chicks.......ducklings............... ;D
There was nothing in the world
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

Bass VI

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
Doc, i'm pretty sure that you've already seen this photo of my Vox Constellation, but it'll be a good reference photo for you to refer too as you proceed with your project.

TD

This on the other hand is HOT
That I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
That I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart
All my pictures of you

rockinrayduke

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »
I wish you lived in Dallas, I'd keep you busy with a few projects! If you ever start taking on some small repairs and such please let me know. As big as DFW is it is a struggle to get a bass worked on.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
Chromium.................................ummmmmmmm............ducklings......not chicks.......ducklings............... ;D

Doh!  You're right.  And now I'm forced to dredge up my sordid past and reference a post that contains a proper pic for that caption.  See what you've gone and made me do?   :)

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=61.msg1501#msg1501

I guess its ok.  It appears to be, afterall, just a wholesome teambuilding event - in the spirit of good certified public accounting.   :o

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
Words can't express how much I love that Constellation!  Always thought that was one of the coolest looking basses, and I like those skinny Vox necks.  Someday maybe...

So that makes me wonder- Doc, are you planning any kooky Vox-inspiried on-board electronic goodies?  G-tuner?  distortion?  maybe something a little more mellow...

;D

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 05:50:59 AM »
I wish you lived in Dallas, I'd keep you busy with a few projects! If you ever start taking on some small repairs and such please let me know. As big as DFW is it is a struggle to get a bass worked on.

That's my goal, in a few years!  Right now, work, family and hobby time is colliding constantly!  Eventually, I will be doing work for others, but it's not the right time now.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 05:53:42 AM »
Words can't express how much I love that Constellation!  Always thought that was one of the coolest looking basses, and I like those skinny Vox necks.  Someday maybe...

So that makes me wonder- Doc, are you planning any kooky Vox-inspiried on-board electronic goodies?  G-tuner?  distortion?  maybe something a little more mellow...

;D

Well, I probably won't do anything kooky, but I will use 2 of the white Phantom humbuckers in it.  I'm also debating with myself on the bridge.  With that thin neck, it's gonna take some doing to get one to fit correctly.  Might go for an old vintage one off eBay to make my life easier.