Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Job Opportunity

<< < (2/5) > >>

doombass:

--- Quote from: Rob on January 01, 2018, 03:50:43 PM ---At least Larry mentions iconic basses.

--- End quote ---

Furthermore (unlike Gibson), there's no mention of luxury- nor lifestyle products. On the contrary they actually support the idea of a leadership that actually plays music:

--- Quote ---FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together.
--- End quote ---

westen44:

--- Quote from: doombass on January 02, 2018, 08:33:08 AM ---Furthermore (unlike Gibson), there's no mention of luxury- nor lifestyle products. On the contrary they actually support the idea of a leadership that actually plays music:

--- End quote ---

But if you go to the lifestyle products section of Musician's Friend, you'll find Fender products outnumber Gibson quite a lot.  I got the bright idea of buying a gift for a friend last year who likes Gibson but dislikes Fender.  I thought I would easily find something there.  I was wrong.  I guess Gibson may lean more toward luxury items, though, like watches that cost thousands of dollars, etc.   

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on January 02, 2018, 03:08:40 AM ---So we will talk about pre-HornĂ¼ng Fenders in near future?

'I play a Fender P.'
'A pre-HornĂ¼ng with chrome hardware or a new one with black hardware and a three point bridge?'

--- End quote ---

I have dreams of a PanzerCaster!!  8)

Dave W:

--- Quote from: westen44 on January 02, 2018, 09:36:22 AM ---But if you go to the lifestyle products section of Musician's Friend, you'll find Fender products outnumber Gibson quite a lot.  I got the bright idea of buying a gift for a friend last year who likes Gibson but dislikes Fender.  I thought I would easily find something there.  I was wrong.  I guess Gibson may lean more toward luxury items, though, like watches that cost thousands of dollars, etc.

--- End quote ---

Like these reasonably priced items?  :mrgreen:

Dave W:
But seriously, If I had that position, I would go directly after Gibson. Make close copies a la Heritage. Go for the jugular. I'd also leave any "relics" to the Custom Shop instead of producing MIM "road worns" with the exact same unrealistic looking artificial wear patterns, and I'd get rid of the crossbreeds like the Jagcaster. And I wouldn't introduce any new designs (e.g. the Dimension bass) b/c they never sell well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version