Author Topic: George Michael visits Sydney - and he did .... what?  (Read 2860 times)

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
George Michael visits Sydney - and he did .... what?
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/a-hugh-night-out-with-george-michael/story-e6frewz0-1226006559092

"It was amazing to meet a music legend like George Michael," was all that Sheridan revealed to Confidential about the meeting yesterday.

It is understood Sheridan was introduced to Michael by Hemmes who, ever the gracious host, kept the boys well-lubricated throughout the night.

Bwahahahahahaahahaha!!!!!!
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: George Michael visits Sydney - and he did .... what?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »
I thought maybe he got nicked in a public toilet again but that quote is even better...

:mrgreen:

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »
Once again we need a Facepalm smiley   :rolleyes:
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:59:46 AM »
Looking at the pics, I'm pretty darn sure his friends had the lubrication already with them.  :-X

But then again it's a common thing among Greeks. I hear. Perhaps our local fruit vendor would like to insert something here?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ack1961

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:51 AM »

I'd imagine that the last thing you ever want to hear is George Michael shouting "Wham!" from behind you...
Watch your 6.
Have Fun.  Be Nice.  Mean People Suck.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
He's a great singer. Unfortunately, his choice of material is often as questionable as the venues he frequents for non-musical recreation. You can be gay and keep your sexlife out of the dailies, just look at Sir Elton.

Hornisse

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »
He's a great singer. Unfortunately, his choice of material is often as questionable as the venues he frequents for non-musical recreation. You can be gay and keep your sexlife out of the dailies, just look at Sir Elton.

This is true Uwe.  George Michael may have been the victim of a careless whisper whilst in Australia.  He could use a father figure to point him in the proper direction.  You should ring him up and tell him "I'm Your Man."  If you decide to visit him be sure to wake him up before you go, go and have faith that he'll be waiting for you at the airport.   :rimshot:

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »

Or dare I say Sir Cliff?  A perfect example what you suggest if ever there was one.
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
This is true Uwe.  George Michael may have been the victim of a careless whisper whilst in Australia.  He could use a father figure to point him in the proper direction.  You should ring him up and tell him "I'm Your Man."  If you decide to visit him be sure to wake him up before you go, go and have faith that he'll be waiting for you at the airport.   :rimshot:

And he's never gonna dance again. After those toilet arrests. Guilty feet (and other organs) have got no rhythm.

Actually, back then I thought that accusations smelled fabricated and homophobic (how many hetero couples get arrested for sex in public toilets?). Frankly, I don't believe that George (Michael) "molests" anyone in public toilets who does not want him to do just that. I can envisage more romantic and scentwise more pleasant places, yes, but its no area for police investigations. In this day and age.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
This is true Uwe.  George Michael may have been the victim of a careless whisper whilst in Australia.  He could use a father figure to point him in the proper direction.  You should ring him up and tell him "I'm Your Man."  If you decide to visit him be sure to wake him up before you go, go and have faith that he'll be waiting for you at the airport.   :rimshot:

DAMN! That is one impressive quote!  Are you intimate with his. . . . . music?

Hornisse

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 06:58:16 PM »
DAMN! That is one impressive quote!  Are you intimate with his. . . . . music?

Actually I was into Deon Estus.  A very funky bassist who played with (not that way :gay:) Mr. Michael during Wham! and on his subsequent solo work.  I first heard of him through Brainstorm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlE74_oTBw&feature=related

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 12:15:01 AM »
He should have joined Queen (no pun intended). He's one of the few singers who can almost match Freddie Mercury's bombast and range. The tracks he did with them for the memorial concert are stellar, far superior to anything Paul Rodgers can muster.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:50 AM »
He should have joined Queen (no pun intended). He's one of the few singers who can almost match Freddie Mercury's bombast and range. The tracks he did with them for the memorial concert are stellar, far superior to anything Paul Rodgers can muster.

I'm a huge Paul Rogers fan but I was also at Wembly for the Queen memorial to Freddie concert and I have to agree. GM nailed it (no pun intended unless you think it fits  :sad:) big time. He was so far superior to all the other vocalists that day. I was amazed that a guy who can sing that good bothers at all with the (mostly) tripe that he has released.

On the other hand. No one should ever have to listen to what Annie Lennox did at that show with out a good understanding of how to operate autotune.  :puke:
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »

How he creamed (pun intended?) everyone into the ground vocally on that day is firmly embedded in public memory. He felt that song.

The album Rick Rubin will do with him ten years from now will be brilliant.

Paul Rodgers was as good a fit in (the remnants of) Queen as Simon Kirke would have been in Return to Forever or Mick Ralphs in the Mahavishnu Orchestra.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »
I thought he'd gone into real-estate or something to do with cottages...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...