Author Topic: BaCHbird cases...  (Read 2043 times)

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
BaCHbird cases...
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:15:23 AM »
We all know that the NR BaCHbirds are looooong and finding a hardshell case seems to be difficult. However, I was looking around and found this Dean hardshell case with dimensions listed at 53"L x 18"W x 2"D. Other than the depth, which I'm unsure of because the bass is at home, I think this case might work. You'd probably have to reform the inside, but you'd have to do that no matter what you found, I think.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Deluxe-Hardshell-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Case-For-ML-Series-104325428-i1176028.gc

In the months since we've received our NRs, what have you found for a case?

Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
Re: BaCHbird cases...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »
I think the Coffin Cases bass case will work also. It has something like 52 inches inside. I don't know this from experiance, just from checking it out online.

Anyone else????
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:37:45 AM »
BaCH has a case especially made for the BaCHbird

http://www.bachmusik.com/en/p101177/th-1-wh

When I got my BaCHbird they didn't have that one yet.
So I bought an Epiphone Thunderbird case. I took out the polystyren shape where the body goes and flipped it over. Re-cut it a bit. And now it's a snug fit.

tbird freak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:23:13 PM »
I just picked up a epi nr thunderbird at local pawn shop, came with a coffin case. alittle tite but it fits good and don't move. If your bachbirds are the same size as mine they should fit fine.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »
All newbies should have to read the BaCHBird Saga, in it's entirety, prior to moving on... A "rite of passage"... ;D

Welcome to the LBO TBF...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 05:16:03 AM »
I just picked up a epi nr thunderbird at local pawn shop, came with a coffin case. alittle tite but it fits good and don't move. If your bachbirds are the same size as mine they should fit fine.

I'm jealous!!! There have been two of those on eBay this past year, both burst with pearloid pickguards and I've not managed to get either. One was on there twice and went for $250 the first time and $500 the second. The third one topped out at over $600!

On a different note, I got a brand new Epiphone bass case from a guy on eBay and that SOB is freakin' HUGE! The inside length is about 52-53" and the body cavity is large enough so that the BaCHbird actually slides around in it. The thing only cost me $79 including shipping.

The BaCHbird saga is a great read, Kenny! I periodically go back through it and send it to people.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.