Author Topic: Nice 1968 Gibson EBS 1250 Doubleneck Bass/Guitar on Ebay  (Read 6728 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Nice 1968 Gibson EBS 1250 Doubleneck Bass/Guitar on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:39:02 PM »
It could hit the $10K he says is the Blue book minimum. Hard to say in this economy. I doubt it will go higher than that.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »
Drool......

Wish the guitar was on top. Maybe I'll build my own?  :) Does Carvin still sell through-body necks? Or... I could fuse a faded SG guitar and bass....  :P

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »

Just down the road from me...................................

House is gettin' all my $$$ this year  :-\
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 04:07:53 AM »
If only it had a twelve string guitar, I'd put a bid in ...

I think I'm gonna try and ask the Custom Shop if they would consider building a double neck SG bass for me,  four string long scale fretless/and four string short scale fretted with D and G doubled with octave strings. Then I'd have it all. They probably won't do it, but I could at least ask.

Black hardware though! 
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
Uwe, do you have any Gibson double necks?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »
I don't have any, but the guitar part has never interested me unless it's a twelve string (I don't play lead on guitar unlike on bass!). Only very few 12/4 string combos were made by Gibson, Les Holroyd of Barclay James Harvest played one. I've never seen one up for sale.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »
Drool   :P :P  I've always kinda wanted one, just wish they would have put the bass on the bottom.  :-\
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

n!k

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »
Double neck guitars remind me of the plight of the ménage à trois: though I may have two guitars to love in front of me, I have only the means to play one at a time!
Half-speed Hawkwind

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
Double neck guitars remind me of the plight of the ménage à trois: though I may have two guitars to love in front of me, I have only the means to play one at a time!

;D  See, you just have to work harder at being the "middle"  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
Nice and a bit strange animals these! First time I ever laid eyes on a Gibson doubleneck must have been somewhere in the 60's, in a picture from the movie Spinout, and in the hands of Elvis. A six-string bass on top of a six-string guitar. I was flabbergasted! That animal! And Elvis P! An unlikely combination! Next time around, it was Jimmy Page. Somehow the strange guitar kinda suited him better.
One would have thought that there was some kind of readyness for the Elvis-Gibson-pic, as the photo of Dylan with the F Jazz was already spread through the record business. But Elvis...
What's next? Cat Stevens with a Bach T-bird? Enrico Caruso with a double-bass? Fontella Bass with a guitar? Will it ever end?

Hornisse

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »

Hornisse

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
Wonder whatever happened to this one?

http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=4021.0

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
Nice and a bit strange animals these! First time I ever laid eyes on a Gibson doubleneck must have been somewhere in the 60's, in a picture from the movie Spinout, and in the hands of Elvis. A six-string bass on top of a six-string guitar. I was flabbergasted! That animal! And Elvis P! An unlikely combination! Next time around, it was Jimmy Page. Somehow the strange guitar kinda suited him better.
One would have thought that there was some kind of readyness for the Elvis-Gibson-pic, as the photo of Dylan with the F Jazz was already spread through the record business. But Elvis...
What's next? Cat Stevens with a Bach T-bird? Enrico Caruso with a double-bass? Fontella Bass with a guitar? Will it ever end?

I saw the Who in their first US tour (one of the few advantages of being old ya' know. . .) PT played and destroyed a double neck 6/12 and just for the record it was a P Bass on that tour.

PS Fontella Bass with a guitar made me laugh!

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »

I have a real pic of Elvis playing this one somewhere. Definitely a real Gibson. not just a drawing.