Author Topic: Reasonably priced pre-sixties EB-2 ...  (Read 973 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Reasonably priced pre-sixties EB-2 ...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »
Still a awfull lot of mney... But I like the burst on this one. Really pretty!

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:30 AM »
Uwe speaks the truth.  The bozo-level asking prices for clean banjo-peggers has been disturbing on too many levels, not the least of which is that it is downright un-Gibson Bass-ish to have one go for more than a pre-CBS P-Bass.  In comparison this with all its parts is pretty good.  And to top it off, a vintage dealer hasn't snagged the case for an old ES-335.  But still too rich for my blood, and I suspect that will be the case for me until I am moved into the altenheim. 

Beyond that, I have made a solemn oath to myself to only snag one that still has the single coil pup, which, lets face it, rules.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
I agree about the sky-high prices we've seen on these older EB-2s.  Hence, my settling for a "contemporary" 1968 model at a reasonable $1400.  I probably won't see that price again, even on one of these "newer" models.

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
I agree about the sky-high prices we've seen on these older EB-2s.  Hence, my settling for a "contemporary" 1968 model at a reasonable $1400.  I probably won't see that price again, even on one of these "newer" models.

Funny but with the American Dollar being half price, the new rates are much in line with what they used to sell for overseas buyers. If America continues it's economic decline, we won't be able to afford our own instrument's price when to the rest of the world they are still a bargain.

In the UK the shops had a Non Reverse IV still cracked un-repaired broken headstock, black refin and non original pickguard at 1899 pounds, so that would be around $4,000 US
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:57:30 AM by Barklessdog »