Author Topic: My Thunderbird by Mike Lull!  (Read 6607 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: My Thunderbird by Mike Lull!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »
So Mark have you gigged with it yet?

How does it compare with your others AT THIS POINT.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 08:33:52 AM »

"I won't link it to this site but I once made a comic in which the lead character wanted to loose her virginity in a unique way and so she hooked up with a transsexual. All this talk about Mark being a lady reminded me of that."
 :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen:
 My body is just a sexual amusement park..........................

John,
 I got to play the Lull at rehearsal and for our show opening for Voltaire this past Friday night, the bass plays incredilbly well, Mike's craftsmanship is topnotch. I don't own a 60's 'Bird to compare the pick up against so I can only say that I really like the tone I'm getting with it: played with a pick in a rock band setting it's growly and warm, definately tighter sounding than my '76's ( it's making me re-eq them!) less dark and less mid range. This is probably in part due to it's bolt on neck too.
 Mike's pick up sounds SO good, when my BaCH bird arrives it's getting one right away, and much as I like the stock pups in my Nikki Sixx Mk.II, they're going to be changed out as well.........
I'm hoping one of us here that owns a 60's bird will try them as well, I'm sincerly impressed.
Anyway here I'm killing time onstage during soundcheck Friday night.........The bass ROCKS!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Blazer

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »
Blazer, I herewith demand that link!!!

Okay. A warning in advance though, it's X-rated.

http://saiyaman.hartists.net/gallery/folder/126

Bitte Shön herr Uwe.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 09:16:23 AM »
it's making me re-eq them!) less dark and less mid range. This is probably in part due to it's bolt on neck too.
 Mike's pick up sounds SO good,

I have a similar issue with my 70's pup Fenderbird, where I need to boost things up a bit with my pre-amp, but switch basses to my high output LP and it sounds like crap. The Lp needs to be tamed. I can't see switching on stage without some seriuos monkey business. I could see a house sound guy setting the controls for one bass and when you switch, the sound guys not payingh attention & the bass drops out or is in everyones face.

I found the sound guy makes or breaks a band.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2009, 09:43:15 AM »
Well, after Mark ordererd an über-Bird, I had to order an über-über bird. See 'Other Bass Brands.' ;D

Blazer

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »
Well, after Mark ordererd an über-Bird, I had to order an über-über bird. See 'Other Bass Brands.' ;D

Chris I'm disappointed, I haven't received your call for my fenderbird yet!   ;)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 02:28:02 PM »
Sorry Blazer. I thought this explained my lack of money;)