Author Topic: New Boilersuit T-bird recordings  (Read 4620 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: New Boilersuit T-bird recordings
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »
Heard the stuff now and I must say, Herr Dekker, your playing has become very lyrical, a poet on bass! You weren't nearly as fluid on the first Boilersuit recordings.

The downsizing has done the band good, I really like the sparse guitar and the freedom it gives the bass and the beautiful clarity of (soon to be?) Frau Dekker's vocals. Reminds me a bit of the shortlived German band Rainbirds in fact:

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »
Thanks Uwe! Nice:)

The Rainbirds you say? Reminds me of a gig some years ago. We did the support of a Welshman with a famous father living in Holland and we also did some songs with him on stage. He's kinda strange and had not only some terrible moodswings but also a drinking problem. Needless to say we don't play with him anymore.

When we arrived at this venue in Holland, where he arranged a gig, everybody talked English to us. So we talked back like that, thinking it was a foreign crew or something. Amsterdam is almost an English speaking town, but this was Zwolle. After a while we discovered we were billed as 'The Sundogs (UK)'. probably this Welsh guy promised an English backing band. We immediately new the reason why they talked English to us. I remember the faces of the guys when we started to talk Dutch among eachother. So maybe we sound like the rainbirds, but we did a gig as The Sundogs. Our old guitarist still has the live DVD of that gig with 'The Sundogs (UK)' on the sleeve!

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
So maybe we sound like the rainbirds, but we did a gig as The Sundogs.

Sundogs huh?

Sounds warm & cuddly

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »
Love that pic!

Gibson Barker. Could be a Ripper/Grabber sister.