Author Topic: Les Paul Jr. Tribute DC Reviews  (Read 6562 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Les Paul Jr. Tribute DC Reviews
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »
Woo-hoo! Still one of my favorite bands (well, pre-2001 Hanoi, anyway).

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »
Woo-hoo! Still one of my favorite bands (well, pre-2001 Hanoi, anyway).

I played on the same bill once with Sami Yaffa's band Mad Juana.  Really nice guy.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »
I played on the same bill once with Sami Yaffa's band Mad Juana.  Really nice guy.

That was my experience the one time I met him. He even gave me his number and told me to call him when I was back home (in Los Angeles, where he was living at the time). I liked that band, too. Some of the offshoots didn't do much for me, but I've liked quite a few of the bands the guys have ended up in.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
That was my experience the one time I met him. He even gave me his number and told me to call him when I was back home (in Los Angeles, where he was living at the time). I liked that band, too. Some of the offshoots didn't do much for me, but I've liked quite a few of the bands the guys have ended up in.

That's really cool!

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2022, 10:52:19 PM »
Rather than start a new thread, here is an addition to an old thread I posted.  A much more recent review of the bass than those posted previously. 

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2022, 05:29:13 AM »
I just re-read the thread , it strays a bit off topic at times .
heh …
I think my Jr remains my favourite bass although I tend to still use Danos on gigs .
But at home the Jr is the first one I pick up to play . I’m normally a flatwound guy , but I’ve kept fresh Gibson BriteWire strings on the Jr . I loved the factory string sound . Just picked up two more sets the other day .
The neck simply feels perfect to me . Still love the sound of it , I put a chrome cover and surround on it . Still might replace the bridge at some point , but didn’t have any problems setting it exactly where I wanted things , haven’t had to touch it since . There’s really no reason to change it .
There is a little wear on the back , it’s just a cheap finish . I’ve been tempted to pick up a second one , but one is really enough . I did buy an SG because I loved the Jr . I prefer the Jr , though I must say the SG is growing on me .

So that’s about it . It might be slightly expensive for a “student” bass , but my only original complaint was not buying it before I did . It’s still my favourite thing to play .
Love it .

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2022, 10:42:25 AM »
You're right.  It would have been better to post a new thread.  At this point, it might even be better if this thread got locked.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 01:00:27 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2022, 01:02:43 PM »
I liked the fellatio derail.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2022, 05:37:19 AM »
I’ve been playing the LP Jr DC bass most of the time, especially the one with the LPR pickup.

There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!