Author Topic: What's my bird worth?  (Read 4380 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: What's my bird worth?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:40 AM »
I'm no buddhist, but he has a good point about the whole desire for material possesions leading to suffering thing. The bass is just an object. On the other hand Uncle Sam can never take away your musical talent. Cheers and good luck. Ohm.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

steveonbass

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »
No worries.  I have a lot of basses - maybe the real crime is that i don't play this one enough.  Crowded stages in Cambridge, Ma are not the best venues for a bird.  Afraid of breaking it - i need to get over it - it's clearly been played a lot.  Regardless, it's a first-world problem for sure.  I am pretty stocked with gear - if i played this one more - i may be considering selling something else.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
Cambridge is great. I'm up in Nashua NH and love driving down for the great bars and restaurants. I was just there Monday checking out a Bluegrass group after dinner at the Painted Burro. I think the bar was Atwood's tavern. The band was smokin', definitely worth checking out. They play every Monday I think.

steveonbass

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:15 AM »
Cambridge is great. I'm up in Nashua NH and love driving down for the great bars and restaurants. I was just there Monday checking out a Bluegrass group after dinner at the Painted Burro. I think the bar was Atwood's tavern. The band was smokin', definitely worth checking out. They play every Monday I think.

Yeah! Sean Staples bluegrass night - I know all those cats.  Cambridge is small with world class musicians all over the place.  Not the worst scene to be in.  I actually work in Davis Square - right near the Painted Burro.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 06:39:04 AM »
 I was in Boston in the 80's! Bunratty's, The Channel, Narcissus, Jacks, Rathskeller (The Rat) downstairs of course. What a fantastic scene it was. Video of my band EXPOSE the stage and party scene shot at The Channel.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »
One thing that makes me wish I was a little older was the party that was the 80's. Look at the crowd in that vid! Slutty broads smoking and boozing it up everywhere! Those were prime years for sure. The town has changed much since then. None of those clubs are still open. Steveonbass let me know if your doing any gigs down there. Would love to see your bird take flight under the lights  ;D

steveonbass

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
It's official - on CL for $2600 with original case.  We'll see how this goes.  I'd hate to have to ship it so CL seems like a great starting point.  I'll let y'all know how this goes.  Thanks again for all the advice.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
Slutty broads smoking and boozing it up everywhere!

Good times, good times!  ;D

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 07:17:33 AM »
Good luck. I've had GREAT luck buying things on CL but terrible luck selling, mostly because potential buyers want to try and screw you down to nothing. I listed a spotless Telecaster on CL a couple of years ago and some guy wanted to trade me an old Dell laptop "with Windows 98 freshly installed". I didn't even respond.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 08:01:24 AM »
I was in Boston in the 80's! Bunratty's, The Channel, Narcissus, Jacks, Rathskeller (The Rat) downstairs of course. What a fantastic scene it was. Video of my band EXPOSE the stage and party scene shot at The Channel.

My favorite part is when he hops into a Pontiac Fiero to chase after the Porsche. Did he catch her at a stoplight or did the Fiero catch fire before it left the driveway?
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter