Author Topic: The FireDragon Triplets  (Read 15058 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: The FireDragon Triplets
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2018, 01:04:57 AM »
Christine bailed out...? :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2018, 08:05:18 AM »
It seems so yes. There were some posts here Sep 5 which were removed (and rightly so I must add). I did'nt totally understand what was going on and it was'nt my business anyway, but it seemed to have something to do with previous bad forum experiences and Christine trying to keep a lower profile.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »
Christine bailed out...? :o

It seems so yes. There were some posts here Sep 5 which were removed (and rightly so I must add). I did'nt totally understand what was going on and it was'nt my business anyway, but it seemed to have something to do with previous bad forum experiences and Christine trying to keep a lower profile.

Christine had an identical thread to this one in the Luthier's Corner at Talkbass. Something was posted there on August 23/24 that she apparently reported, a the moderator removed the posts, but Christine closed her account there anyway. Nobody seems to know what the removed posts were about (if anyone here knows, please speak up).

Christine was also very active in the Thunderbird Club thread at Talkbass. Carlo innocently posted a link there to this thread, thinking that some of her fans would want to follow it. A couple of new members came here as a result. But Christine freaked out when she learned that Carlo had posted a link. He removed it when she asked him to, but that wasn't enough. She attacked him here, outed herself as a "trans girl" (her words) and then reported him. I removed those posts. She asked privately that I remove her account, and I obliged.

She thinks pointing people here was an invasion of her privacy and harassment. That's preposterous. She was posting here on a public forum, and a search for "The FireDragon Triplets" showed this thread as the second search result. On top of that, as of yesterday she's still posting in an identical thread at a UK bass site. If you really want privacy, then STFU.

Nobody here harassed her. She made a big deal over nothing. Based on what I know, I doubt she was harassed at TB either.

GildedSplinter

• Mahogany & humbuckers for everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2018, 10:19:59 AM »
Christine had an identical thread to this one in the Luthier's Corner at Talkbass. Something was posted there on August 23/24 that she apparently reported, a the moderator removed the posts, but Christine closed her account there anyway. Nobody seems to know what the removed posts were about (if anyone here knows, please speak up).

Christine was also very active in the Thunderbird Club thread at Talkbass. Carlo innocently posted a link there to this thread, thinking that some of her fans would want to follow it. A couple of new members came here as a result. But Christine freaked out when she learned that Carlo had posted a link. He removed it when she asked him to, but that wasn't enough. She attacked him here, outed herself as a "trans girl" (her words) and then reported him. I removed those posts. She asked privately that I remove her account, and I obliged.

She thinks pointing people here was an invasion of her privacy and harassment. That's preposterous. She was posting here on a public forum, and a search for "The FireDragon Triplets" showed this thread as the second search result. On top of that, as of yesterday she's still posting in an identical thread at a UK bass site. If you really want privacy, then STFU.

Nobody here harassed her. She made a big deal over nothing. Based on what I know, I doubt she was harassed at TB either.

With all due respect... what you've just said is easy to conceive from what's been seen here, but it omits the most important events that lead to her leaving.

There was indeed a "dust up" over at TalkBass (the subject of which, was "privacy on the internet")... but what most folks don't know, is that the person she was tussling with, took things a step further, and sent Christine a scathing and threatening private message that was obviously effective at scaring her off. She left TB & came here, hoping to leave that mess behind. Then Carlo posted a link to her here. When I spotted it, I sent him a private message explaining all of this to him, to which he responded, "If she want's it removed, she can ask me herself". Given that she was no longer a member at TalkBass, I forwarded his message to her so that she would know to ask him to take it down. She then chose to drop the bomb over here, and disappear. At the root of the problem, is a character over in TalkBass, who has a very serious problem with the way she chooses to live her life. I think it should be fairly easy to see why emotions ran high, and why she's gone now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:44:13 AM by GildedSplinter »
It's all about the greuve!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:34 AM »
With all due respect... what you've just said is easy to conceive from what's been seen here, but it omits the most important events that lead to her leaving.

There was indeed a "dust up" over at TalkBass (the subject of which, was "privacy on the internet)... but what most folks don't know, is that the person she was tussling with, took things a step further, and sent Christine a scathing and threatening private message that was obviously effective at scaring her off. She left TB & came here, hoping to leave that mess behind. Then Carlo posted a link to her here. When I spotted it, I sent him a private message explaining all of this to him, to which he responded, "If she want's it removed, she can ask me herself". Given that she was no longer a member at TalkBass, I forwarded his message to her so that she would know to ask him to take it down. She then chose to drop the bomb over here, and disappear. At the root of the problem, is a character over in TalkBass, who has a very serious problem with the way she chooses to live her life. I think it should be fairly easy to see why emotions ran high, and why she's gone now.

Mike,

As a moderator on Talkbass we do take this kind of offensive behavior very seriously if we're made aware of it. If you know who the person is that sent the offensive message please inform me via a PM here.

Thanks,
V
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2018, 12:29:50 PM »

There was indeed a "dust up" over at TalkBass (the subject of which, was "privacy on the internet")... but what most folks don't know, is that the person she was tussling with, took things a step further, and sent Christine a scathing and threatening private message that was obviously effective at scaring her off. She left TB & came here, hoping to leave that mess behind. Then Carlo posted a link to her here. When I spotted it, I sent him a private message explaining all of this to him, to which he responded, "If she want's it removed, she can ask me herself". Given that she was no longer a member at TalkBass, I forwarded his message to her so that she would know to ask him to take it down. She then chose to drop the bomb over here, and disappear. At the root of the problem, is a character over in TalkBass, who has a very serious problem with the way she chooses to live her life. I think it should be fairly easy to see why emotions ran high, and why she's gone now.

Who gave YOU the right to forward my personal messages?  A simple notifying her of my exact innocuous PUBLIC TB post would have been sufficient.  Instead, as a a result of your forwarding a PRIVATE MESSAGE, she attacked me, challenging me with "come forward or sod off." So I did. And then she did.

No,it's not easy to see why a late middle aged adult is incapable of dealing rationally with harassment.  It happened to me on TB, I reported it to the mods, they cleaned up the thread and suspended the member (also a member here BTW) for six months.  Case closed.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2018, 12:40:17 PM »

Now I know who you are at TB, since Carlo told me who contacted him on Christine's behalf.

This is useful information, but it doesn't change the fact that Carlo had no idea that posting the link would upset her; he didn't know why she left (and obviously a number of others didn't -- I did some reading over there), so his request to hear it directly from Christine was quite reasonable. He then removed the link, only to be attacked here after he had done it. She demanded that he speak publicly "or sod off" (which she had no right to do), so he posted his PM, which she then reported, adding a personal attack on Carlo. I had already removed those posts a couple of minutes before I got the report.

I'm obviously not privy to what happened by PM at Talkbass, but based on some of what she said privately to Uwe and me about the situation here, I have my doubts about how scathing it was. Regardless, no one harassed her here.

She started this thread here the same day she started it at TB, not after she left TB. She wasn't posting here to get away from TB. She started an identical thread at the UK site the same day and was still posting there as of yesterday. That's the opposite of wanting to live your life quietly and privately.

GildedSplinter

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »

Who gave YOU the right to forward my personal messages?  A simple notifying her of my exact innocuous PUBLIC TB post would have been sufficient.  Instead, as a a result of your forwarding a PRIVATE MESSAGE, she attacked me, challenging me with "come forward or sod off." So I did. And then she did.

No,it's not easy to see why a late middle aged adult is incapable of dealing rationally with harassment.  It happened to me on TB, I reported it to the mods, they cleaned up the thread and suspended the member (also a member here BTW) for six months.  Case closed.
When I first saw the post you'd put up over at TB directing folks over here to her build thread, I first sent a message to Christine informing her about it, then sent you the message in which I explained what had gone on, why Christine had left, why she didn't want certain people to find her, and asked you to consider removing it. You responded by saying (in a nutshell) that if she wanted the post removed, she needed to ask you herself. It was wrong of me to copy & paste a private message & send it to her, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I had no idea what her relationship with you was like, and surely didn't expect her to blow up like she did.

Her way of "rationally dealing with harassment", was to leave TB & come over to the LBO without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs. You rolled out the red carpet & put up a flashing neon sign leading right to her. If you can't understand why that was displeasing to her... there's nothing that can ever be said, that will make you understand. I'm certainly not saying she handled it appropriately... but I sure as hell understand it.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2018, 02:17:26 PM »
When I first saw the post you'd put up over at TB directing folks over here to her build thread, I first sent a message to Christine informing her about it, then sent you the message in which I explained what had gone on, why Christine had left, why she didn't want certain people to find her, and asked you to consider removing it. You responded by saying (in a nutshell) that if she wanted the post removed, she needed to ask you herself. It was wrong of me to copy & paste a private message & send it to her, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I had no idea what her relationship with you was like, and surely didn't expect her to blow up like she did.

Her way of "rationally dealing with harassment", was to leave TB & come over to the LBO without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs. You rolled out the red carpet & put up a flashing neon sign leading right to her. If you can't understand why that was displeasing to her... there's nothing that can ever be said, that will make you understand. I'm certainly not saying she handled it appropriately... but I sure as hell understand it.

She didn't leave TB to come to LBO and as Dave said above, no harassment occurred here. Yet, she left.  Where's the rationality in that?

GildedSplinter

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2018, 02:37:55 PM »
Now I know who you are at TB, since Carlo told me who contacted him on Christine's behalf.

This is useful information, but it doesn't change the fact that Carlo had no idea that posting the link would upset her; he didn't know why she left (and obviously a number of others didn't -- I did some reading over there), so his request to hear it directly from Christine was quite reasonable. He then removed the link, only to be attacked here after he had done it. She demanded that he speak publicly "or sod off" (which she had no right to do), so he posted his PM, which she then reported, adding a personal attack on Carlo. I had already removed those posts a couple of minutes before I got the report.

I'm obviously not privy to what happened by PM at Talkbass, but based on some of what she said privately to Uwe and me about the situation here, I have my doubts about how scathing it was. Regardless, no one harassed her here.

She started this thread here the same day she started it at TB, not after she left TB. She wasn't posting here to get away from TB. She started an identical thread at the UK site the same day and was still posting there as of yesterday. That's the opposite of wanting to live your life quietly and privately.
This isn't completely accurate either. When I first saw Carlo's post directing folks over here, I sent him the private message informing him of why she left TB, and why she didn't want to be found here. The entire chapter of this drama that occurred here, would've been avoided, and her build thread would be perking right along today with smiles all around, if Carlo would have pulled that posting when I sent him that message. I would think that the better way to have handled the posting that told people where they could find her, would have been to remove it until after checking with her to see if that was something she wouldn't mind him doing, since he was now aware that personal harassment was involved. That makes more sense to me than leaving it up for an unknowable period of time, thus giving the "harassor" plenty of time to see it. If his post was truly innocuous, and intended only to help... why would he not remove it until speaking with her about it? I don't know... but I learned long ago not to ask, "why", when Carlo is involved with something. He typically has his reasons, and will share them if/when he feels like it (it's worth noting that I respect the hell out of Carlo, and hate that any of this occurring at all).

I knew that she had started her build thread here before all this began... but most of the folks at TB didn't. We were able to enjoy 2-3 days here at the LBO before the excrement hit the turbine. That's all she wanted... a place to hang out & talk gear without being harassed, just like the rest of us.

I think something that's been a bit distorted throughout all of this, is the fact that the original conversation that started the ruckus at TB, was "privacy on the internet". When she quit TB, it wasn't over the subject matter. It was over the private message(s) she received. The topic of conversation could have been pizza or cars or anything else, and it wouldn't have made any difference. It was about the PM.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »

She started three identically named threads on the same day, here, TB and the UK site, all easily identifiable with a simple search. The breadcrumbs were whole loaves of bread, and she left them. You can't do that and then claim you don't want to be found. Carlo is blameless.

In the emails between her, Uwe and me, she said that some of the people who were giving her a hard time at TB had come here due to Carlo's post. People, plural. She twice referred to them in unflattering terms, again in the plural. She told you it was one person, now she's claiming at least two. So her story has changed. Yet it's a fact that only four people joined here between Carlo's post at TB and her quitting here: you and three others. Three of you posted in this thread, all approving. The fourth hasn't posted at all yet. Another frequent poster from the TB Thunderbird Club made his first post at LBO in this thread -- also approving -- but he was already registered here before Christine joined. Do you see why I find her hard to believe?

Whatever happened or didn't happen at TB, she's the one who turned it into an issue here. Not Carlo.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2018, 03:53:10 PM »
Shame she's gone as she produced quality work... as for her private life I don't think that's ever been an issue here... oh well... :sad:
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »

Well, my apologies to Dave, Uwe and Carlo as well as the greater group that has been here a long time.

This never should have come over here to LBO.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
Ma'am...  You should not have to apologise for idiots... well... maybe those with recognitionitis... but there are some folks that just should have been drowned at birth... :sad:

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »
I'm sad to see her go too. It was refreshing to see some original concepts applied to the classic gibson forms. Who knows, maybe she's just prejudiced against Yankees.  ???
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.