Author Topic: Pics or it didn't happen..........  (Read 2827 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Pics or it didn't happen..........
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
I liked the sparkly look last time you posted that...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 05:38:34 AM »
It was lovely to meet Herr Hills and his Alison (not to mention that Subaru!). More conservative readers will be relieved to find out that the Hills home is not only in a good neighborhood, but that fetish/alternative life style items such as model trains (discreetly stored in a cupboard, you wouldn't know unless you were looking for them and who sensibly would?), whips and chains were hidden from sight. You could invite kids to that tastefully furnished and adorned house (with a glass cased TBird hovering from the breakfast table wall while Alison's artful photowork was relegated to standing on the floor ...) with an abundance of - somewhat garishly finned - TBürdzees. Which all played nicely. And that Jackson was a real killer.

The real Mark is also prone to impromptu throw out German sentences in perfect grammar and pronounciation which had Edith and me startled a couple of times. And added to that he speaks English with the nicest and clearest mellow West Coast accent I have yet heard. And though you would never know it from his girth, he also likes to wine and dine!

Mark, you know where to drop in on your upcoming visit to the Geiger clan!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:46:28 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
Very cool that you got to meet!  I kept waiting to see a pic of Mark in full stage dress and Uwe doing his best Till Lindemann impression.  Maybe next time! ;)

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 06:31:01 PM »
After seeing these pictures, I gotta say to Uwe that your long-lost twin brother is an MRI tech at the hospital I work at... I saw these and thought, "What's Randy doing on the LBO?"
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 12:38:39 AM »
Cool!

mc2NY

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
A classic photo!

Hope you didn't take him out to a German restaurant :)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »
A classic photo!

Hope you didn't take him out to a German restaurant :)

You know, there isn't German restaurant worth a damn in Seattle, which is strange. However, we ate very well. Here it is a couple weeks later and I realize I was fortunate to meet two sincerely nice people - All because we enjoy Gibson basses -  Life takes you to some wonderful places sometimes :) 

Thanks Uwe!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »
Alison and Mark are closet gourmets, so we saw some nice "eateries"! Food was generally excellent at the West Coast, but our dinners with them were a high point. Never mind that perverse model train fetish Alison has to live with.

Not to mention the Des Moines McDonalds ("in the bad part of town" as we learned only later)!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
Clan or burgers... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »
Alison and Mark are closet gourmets, so we saw some nice "eateries"! Food was generally excellent at the West Coast, but our dinners with them were a high point. Never mind that perverse model train fetish Alison has to live with.

Not to mention the Des Moines McDonalds ("in the bad part of town" as we learned only later)!

Oh man! I totally forgot that Mickey D's is on Hwy99..........Lots of hookers, sex shops etc.,  and of course the haunt of the notorious Green River Killer.
 There's no defense for the model train fetish, it's been with me since age 3, there is no cure for it.  Miss Peacock and I love to cook, but  that woman eats like a 15 year old boy, I made her  Partan Bree  (Scottish Crab soup) last week and some Parlies for dessert = yummy, not leftovers  tho  :-[

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 04:16:21 AM »
Hey, that looks like so much fun!  If any of you are ever exiled to Rochester, give me and Scott a jingle!

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
I think Uwe needs a visit to Northern Colorado for craft brew research and some Rocky Mountain skiing! ...2000-3000 feet of vertical drop per run...
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm such a hopelessly lousy skiier, you wouldn't want to see it. WW II was more fun.

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »

I hear you on the skiing! My knees would deconstruct while on my first trip down - not that I was ever any good!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
I'm such a hopelessly lousy skiier, you wouldn't want to see it. WW II was more fun.

Ah, but I'll bet you "lodge" and "nightlife" magnificently!!   :o

I'm just an intermediate skier, and 10+ minutes of uninterrupted fall line skiing has my legs burning.  I usually have to stop for a breather at least once a run (after the first run or two). I buy half-day lift tickets because there's no way my out of shape bod can ski for more than about 2-3 hours.  Usually closer to two.

But hopping off the lift at 11,500 feet, you get one heckuva view of the Rocky Mountains!  You might want to ride up just to hit one of the restaurants  up on top at Breckenridge. 

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:55:52 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."