Author Topic: Disappearing Scheff??  (Read 1240 times)

JimmyBond8

• "You're so cute when you're stupid"
    • View Profile
    • The Afterwhiles - My Band
Disappearing Scheff??
« on: January 16, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »
I guess in keeping with their new PLEK system and their own "in-house custom wound pickups and matching preamp" that Lakland has begun phasing out the Scheff Bass. I guess maybe it has to do with lessening sales and probly the fact that it uses the Kent Armstrong Lipstick Jazz pickups. But its no longer up under the Lakland website. Sad day. =(

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing Scheff??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:40:53 PM »
It must not be selling well enough, because they could always make lipstick-style pickups in house.

Never have seen one exept in photos. I did hear sound clips (maybe from Ed Friedland) and it sounded very good.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:55:46 AM »
I saw Jerry play at the raising the bottom gig in Chicago and his bass sounded the best to me. It really growled, he's an amazing bassist as well.

My son & myself got to meet everyone at the Lakland open house. Great guy

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:00:56 PM »
Ever since I learned that Jerry Scheff played the bass line on L.A. Woman, I consider him a true God Of Bass.  That's one of the neatest bass lines I've ever heard....and one of the most difficult.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."