Author Topic: New (to me) Gibson 2005 Thunderbird Studio  (Read 2057 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: New (to me) Gibson 2005 Thunderbird Studio
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 04:48:44 AM »
Those things have deeper bass frequencies than a regular Bird, but the mids aren't as nuanced, more solid. Heavy rock compatible.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 04:36:00 PM »
I listened to the clip through my stereo and I reckon It sounds great, I hear less of the mid range honk you get with tb plus on a standard thunderbird.If there is more low bass too then I am going to keep an eye(and Ear) out for one! The Thunderbird I had back in 1990 had all sorts of pickups in it (this was before thunderbuckers) chasing a tone probably not too different to what I hear in your video ! How does the weight compare?
Louder bass!.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »

I haven't weighed it, but it feels just a little heavier than my '89. The more I play this bass the more I'm really digging it, the neck is just a little bigger than a standard issue Bird, it's just solid!   
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »
Thanks, that sounds good,the Thunderbird I had was an '89 and it was lighter than my Eb4l ! -More G.A.S. arrgh.  Thanks for the review.
Louder bass!.