Author Topic: Buzz Growing Around 'Hetalia'  (Read 427 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Buzz Growing Around 'Hetalia'
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:42:26 AM »
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18338.html

Funny but I have watched this grow & grow since it was launched in Japan. It's quickly becoming a hot cult property.

A manga in which the 40 countries that participated in World War II are personified in a highly satirical way as high school kids hardly seems a likely candidate to become the next big thing from Japan, but there is no doubt that Hidekaz Himaruya’s Hetalia: Axis Powers has already become a cosplay sensation and gives every indication that it will be this year’s equivalent of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or perhaps even a cult hit of even greater magnitude.

They now have it "On Demand"  on cable TV (Comcast).

I found it funny the way the made America, always wanting to be a "Hero", eat humbuggers and oblivious of other countries. I enjoyed the episode about Liechtenstein. I read an article about it and it was created originally as a web comic, by a Japanese art student in New York. The name Hetalia means "Weak Italy".

I went to Wizard Con here in Chicago (comic book convention) and there is a new breed of creators hawking their properties they launched, either I Phone game Apps or Web Comics.  The print world is quickly dying as the music industry did (nothing new).