Author Topic: Waterstone reliced Mod Tbird  (Read 1323 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Waterstone reliced Mod Tbird
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »
Bungged up in shipping :( last one of 5, was to have been my Bday present. Waterstone is bending over backward to make it right. They are shipping me a black V8 Thunderbird in exchange. I have always wanted a 8 string but couldn't justify the cost. The V8 is significantly more money than the reliced Mod Tbird. I'm pretty excited For me one really cool thing about the Waterstone reverse set up is that the bass has better upper register access than a Gibson or Epi. The bridge is moved forward so therefore the neck pocket is also. May be a tad neck heavy but that's no biggie for me ;)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Waterstone reliced Mod Tbird
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
Like it! Reminds me of the series of Ben Sherman Gibsons. More pics please!

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
Looking forward to your report on the current 8 strings...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
 The V8 arrived to day! Better QC than the Mod Bird. I have not had much time with her today. Defiantly playable. Pics and a full report soon!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
 Starting to have a bit of buyers remorse....................truss rod stuck in either direction. E and G string not as loud as A and D, pickups don't cover the span of the strings.  The string trees don't hold the strings down they keep popping off. Upon taking it apart it looks to have been built by a 8th grader with a  coping saw. Sigh............................... I expected better.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:14:46 PM by godofthunder »