Author Topic: I know one of you maniacs will NEED this...  (Read 2801 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I know one of you maniacs will NEED this...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
I think Scott may already be on the way over.

;D

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:48:12 AM »
Daum ! That would be sooooooooooooooooo cool.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »
I needed a truss just to read the ad.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
 So far into it with  email and phone call, going to try to make it work. Lets see just how understanding  the missus can be.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
4x15....should come with a cherry picker to move it around....

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »

Jeez Scott!  You're gonna need a 40ft. trailer just to move YOUR RIG to a show  ;D
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 12:16:58 AM »
I actually already have the slope-fronted version of that cabinet. That is the Artist Series cabinet that went with their JCM800 model 2001, 400 watt tube bass head. Mine is missing the logo, but has the same grille, tolex and the addition of plexiglass handles, so that it would make the top of the stack. You wouldn't believe how many Marshall "experts" tell me I'm confused or mistaken about the cab that I've owned for over a decade and they've never even seen pictures of...  :rolleyes:

It has four 8 ohm Gauss 15's, wired series/parallel for 8 ohms. Mine has been rewired to put all four drivers in parallel for a 2 ohm load. It's actually much lighter than you would imagine, about half what an SVT 8x10 weighs. It's also very thin and not a very good match to the drivers, though it is ported. The Gauss drivers would sound awesome in proper volume of air and you could sub in much cheaper general purpose 15's and not hurt its tone at all and lighten it by about 20-25 lbs. It's more of a collectors/conversation piece than a useful bass cab, though paired with a good deep 2x15, it will give you midrange snarl to die for, a well-known Gauss attribute.

That price is market value. I paid $250 for mine. The owner is mistaken about it being an early 70's cab; it came after 79, though most 'Marshallites' swear that the only 4x15 cabs Marshall made were early 70's.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:45:32 AM by Psycho Bass Guy »

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10:21:11 AM »
Ah Good to know. I can't swing it, I've reached my limit for the moment.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
Ah Good to know. I can't swing it, I've reached my limit for the moment.
PBG needs to complete the stack...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »
PBG is paying for a VERY expensive cancer kitty and dealing with a credit card company (who is being VERY helpful) to get some of the money back from the hospital where she was treated. $74 a DAY in "hospilization" fees for 30 days and my cat was returned to me covered in her own dried feces with numerous tangles in the cat carrier she was brought to the hospital in (which is a 7 hour drive from my house) complete with a 30 day-old unwashed towel that she urinated upon during the long trip there. I had called ahead 90 minutes before my wife and I arrived to pick her up on the day we had scheduled two weeks prior, in order to have a consult with her doctor (standard protocol for cancer kitties- this is #2 for us), whom I was told was on vacation. She was presented to us in the lobby in her fetid carrier among barking dogs and screaming children with her nurse simply reading her report highlights, and had I not insisted, several items personal to her that we had supplied to help comfort her in her month away from us would not have been produced either. I hate to go so far off-topic, but this has pissed me off to no end.

Our last experience with this hospital four years ago with a different cat but the same doctor was stellar, and until all this garbage we had no reason to expect this one to be otherwise. Her cancer care was first rate, but her general care was BEYOND negligent and seriously unhealthy for a feline (or ANY animal) with a compromised immune system, and the disrespect and dishonesty given to my wife and myself is entirely unexcuseable. I have already lodged a formal complaint with the hospital's operations manager, who lied to me directly twice, first promising me a personal apology from the members of her care team responsible, and secondly providing us with some sort of explanation as to why such a situation occurred to begin with. After I let the CC company rake them through the coals, I'm going to their local BBB and filing a formal complaint. I have previously recommended them to anyone needing serious vet care in this region (keep in mind- I live over 350 miles away from this place!) After this, I cannot recommend strongly enough AGAINST them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:22:03 AM by Psycho Bass Guy »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »
That's terrible!  >:(   Really makes you wonder just what the hell is going on behind the scenes there. Poor kitty!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 12:36:48 PM »
PBG, that sounds inexcusable. That doctor and hospital owe you a hell of a lot more than an explanation for their horrid care. I'm sure your kitty is glad to be home anyway but after being treated so poorly she must feel relieved as well.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »
I'm not the suing type but if that were my dog I'd want to spank them as hard as I could.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »

Jeez Scott!  You're gonna need a 40ft. trailer just to move YOUR RIG to a show  ;D
Funny you mention that Mark I have been thinking of getting a trailer  ;D