Author Topic: Sound City 4x12 !  (Read 2449 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: Sound City 4x12 !
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »
Very Nice

BTW Scott you are a maniac. 

Do you actually move all that stuff yourself or are you lucky enough to have roadies.  I sold my SVT's when i stopped having roadies/soundmen. 
I load the van for the gig myself, I get some help at the gig. We used to have a one man road crew he was great ! Then he went and got married and his wife won't let him come out and play :(
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 02:19:32 PM »
I load the van for the gig myself, I get some help at the gig. We used to have a one man road crew he was great ! Then he went and got married and his wife won't let him come out and play :(

you are a better man than me.....  younger too....

I actually haul  half of the pa as i have the biggest garage so i am probably just as crazy as you but i just have left space for bass amps....  I have to limit myself to either a 2/12  or 6 10 cab,  occasionally both for outdoor shows,  with  a rack with 2 ampeg hybrids, or 2 hartkes and a tuner/powerstrip
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
 At 51 I wonder just how much longer I can do this. I am going to keep doing till I can't do it no mo.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 08:25:59 PM »
At 51 I wonder just how much longer I can do this. I am going to keep doing till I can't do it no mo.

You are the man!!!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Hornisse

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »
We can (barely)  fill a 6 x 12 trailer with all of our equipment.  Thankfully all of it is in road cases so it makes load ins/outs much easier.  Nothing can beat unloading the trailer at our climate controlled storage facility after a gig at 4 a.m. in 28 degree weather. (last Friday night)  At least it doesn't get that cold in TX.  :)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 06:12:43 AM »
 I have it down to a science only takes about 5-10 min to load the van, about 20 min to unload and set up. I back right into the carriage house and load up, not heated but it sure beats lugging gear out of a basement !