Author Topic: TB Studio four string - what's it worth?  (Read 626 times)

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
TB Studio four string - what's it worth?
« on: September 07, 2014, 11:56:40 AM »
I have a like new, minty Studio four in black that is just sitting in the case unloved.  This thing is 10 out of 10 with the case candy.  The OHSC is like new as well.  I really hate to sell stuff off but I'm contemplating selling this one.  Anyone have any idea what these are bringing nowadays?

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: TB Studio four string - what's it worth?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
I can tell you that the one I just got started out with a cash price of $925 or trade (which I thought was way high), and dropped to $800 after a day or so. IIRC, they originally sold for around $1100, so I think that the second number would be on target for something clean. If yours is dead mint, maybe a bit more. They were somewhat mis-marketed, and that could impact the value until somebody wakes up to how good they are. I don't know what the production numbers are, but there can't have been too many built.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »
Thanks, mine is dead mint.  I got it on Ebay from a pawn shop several years ago and it looked like it had never been played and still had, what I assumed, was the factory setup.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 10:14:15 PM »
eBay sold listings show one sold last month for $750 and another in June was listed at $999 but a best offer was accepted.

$800 seems reasonable to me, maybe a little more since it's dead mint. But you might have to wait a while for the right buyer if you're selling it locally since it's not a well known model.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »
I'd say 700 bucks - for not much more you can already get a good used real TBird and the Studios are  not collector items though there is nothing wrong with them.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...