Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

Gretsch Electromatic baritone

(1/2) > >>

morrow:
And another kijiji find , Gretsch baritone . Real good price .
It was tuned to B , I’ve dropped it down to A . There’s been talk of an odd little project with some friends , and there’s some baritone in there so I snagged it and might well be letting one of the guitarists have it . We’ll see .
One knob and a strap pin are not original , everything else checks out good .
It is on the heavy side , but being a specialty instrument would only be used for a song or two at a time .
I’ve been playing a Bass VI a lot . This is 29 3/4 scale , so was originally planned to be a Bass VI , but the string spacing is tighter like a guitar , so they marketed it as a baritone . You have to be careful with string length because of the extra scale and the Bigsby .
Herself thinks it’s a fine looking thing . And for the time being I’m enjoying goofing around on it .
Feeling lucky .

Pilgrim:
I find that extremely gorgeous!!

Wow, simply wow!

morrow:
Apparently many baritone and Bass VI string sets do not fit . It’s a 29 3/4 scale and the Bigsby adds a couple of inches . So you have to be careful buying strings .
The internet tells me that D'Addario EXL157 Nickel Plated Steel (.014-.068 Gauges, Tuned B to B ) is the way to go .
I’ll try and get a knob and strap pin for it , I’ve got a temporary strap pin on it for now .

Pilgrim:

--- Quote from: morrow on August 06, 2022, 04:19:53 AM ---Apparently many baritone and Bass VI string sets do not fit . It’s a 29 3/4 scale and the Bigsby adds a couple of inches . So you have to be careful buying strings .
The internet tells me that D'Addario EXL157 Nickel Plated Steel (.014-.068 Gauges, Tuned B to B ) is the way to go .
I’ll try and get a knob and strap pin for it , I’ve got a temporary strap pin on it for now .

--- End quote ---

Those "G" logo Gretsch knobs should be easy.  Even Amazon has them.

morrow:
Ordered strings and knobs this morning !
Goofing around on it today .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version