Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Rickenbacker photo thread

<< < (3/21) > >>

leftybass:

--- Quote from: ilan on May 15, 2008, 05:47:49 AM ---Nigel, did you paint that MMT bass yourself?

--- End quote ---

Guilty. LOL. Funny thing, I kinda did the opposite of McCartney, the 4001S is originally MG so I had to give it a FG finish then splatter the MMT thing over that. I substituted the teal for the silver/grey he used, just didn't care for the silver and decided I didnt want it to be an exact copy of his. One night, after a 6-pack of Shiners I went to the shed and got the paint out...I'm happy with the results. It's probably been 10 years ago now.

ilan:
Wouldn't it be cool if RIC did a limited run of MMT replicas? Basically a custom paint job on non-S c64's. How about 70 basses for McCartney's 70th birthday, in 2012? Maybe get him to sign them... with a spray can  ;D

Dave W:

--- Quote from: leftybass on May 15, 2008, 06:34:09 AM ---Guilty. LOL. Funny thing, I kinda did the opposite of McCartney, the 4001S is originally MG so I had to give it a FG finish then splatter the MMT thing over that. I substituted the teal for the silver/grey he used, just didn't care for the silver and decided I didnt want it to be an exact copy of his. One night, after a 6-pack of Shiners I went to the shed and got the paint out...I'm happy with the results. It's probably been 10 years ago now.

--- End quote ---

So...it was the Shiner Bock that made you do it! Wonder how things would have turned out if you'd had a 6-pack of Dos Equis? 

And all this time I assumed this was your "Tragical History Tour" bass.  ;D  But then the street sign would have to say "Denny Lane,", right.  ;)

Speaking of that...if I didn't already know your Penny Lane story, I would ask you where the street sign in that photo came from. But you've showed the pic several times on different boards, and nobody ever asks. Guess nobody else is curious.  :-\

ilan:
Okay, I'm curious now!

uwe:
Is there even such a thing as a Penny Lane in Liverpool or London? I just knew of people swiping the Abbey Road sign.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version