Main Forums > The Bass Zone

An Unexpected Display of Technique

<< < (2/3) > >>

bassilisk:
Yeah, I totally get that it's the way they started out using what they had. It was just unexpected and I have to say a treat to watch.
Being a player, you hear the licks and know what you should be seeing. it's just fascinating to watch it happen in "reverse" so to speak.

It reminded me of an experiment done at some university where they took students and had them wear glasses that flipped what they saw 180 degrees. It took very little time for the brain to acclimate and they were not just fully functioning but riding bikes etc. (I don't think they let them drive though...).

The point - so what's normal anyway? ???

Chris P.:

--- Quote from: Alanko on October 24, 2017, 12:30:07 PM ---Scott Reeder plays lefty on basses string righty. He played Rickenbackers, and later Ibanez ATK basses during his stint in Kyuss. More recently he's moved over to Warwick basses. I understand he pretty much taught himself bass, out in the desert, and picked up a righty bass and flipped it over.

--- End quote ---

I've been to his studio and ranch and played those basses!

Alanko:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on October 25, 2017, 03:54:26 AM ---I've been to his studio and ranch and played those basses!

--- End quote ---

Ever so slightly jealous over here! I follow him on Instagram and he seems to be a very nice down-to-earth dude.

Highlander:
I remember watching Long-John Baldry and his bass player (African origins) flipped from righty to lefty for the encores... 20-30 years back so no idea of band...

gearHed289:
I did not know that about Paul Raymond.

Our own Ronn Roberts strings that way.

Lee Pomeroy with YES (Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman), Steve Hackett, and others strings upside down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version