Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

The Rickie Hinrichsen Collection from Gibson

<< < (6/6)

ilan:
/

uwe:

--- Quote from: exiledarchangel on March 26, 2024, 03:31:04 AM ---
Aaaa, the joys of playing with (tone) deaf people ..

--- End quote ---

Not tone deaf, they hear that something is wrong alright, but they are unable to determine that you are the culprit!  :mrgreen: I am guilty of sometimes having done that on purpose for fun - play something a half-note higher or lower. The look on their faces is priceless, they immediately notice that something sounds awful but they can't attribute it to the bass.

doombass:

--- Quote from: uwe on March 26, 2024, 08:09:36 AM ---Not tone deaf, they hear that something is wrong alright, but they are unable to determine that you are the culprit!

--- End quote ---

Haha, that reminds me of a happening at a gig about 15 years ago. It was an extra gig really since we actually broke up the band 2 months earlier. The opening song had the lead guitarist doing the intro and the rest of us made a bombastic entry. Sounded like crap and lead guitarist meaningly pointing to our side of the stage (rhythm guitarist and me). I quickly turned on my tuner for half a second in spite of being 99.9% certain we were ok then and pointed back at him. The look on his face was great to see. He had tuned his guitar a half step up from us. I'd guess he might have regretted smoking that "strong" tobacco before the gig. I might add that the breakup of the band had a lot to do with that guy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version