Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

I give up on Epiphone and Gibson

<< < (5/5)

4stringer77:
Hey, we're just catching up to the rest of the cool kids around here. I don't envy the youth when it comes to what they're looking at for buying a house now. Fifty isn't really such a huge number. Just fifty thousand bucks gets you that new Jimmy Page double neck. What a deal!  :o

lowend1:

--- Quote from: n!k on March 08, 2024, 04:16:21 PM ---Since it was a slow work day I decided to summarize the issue at hand

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't the original Embassy bass be in there somewhere?

lowend1:

--- Quote from: godofthunder on March 09, 2024, 08:07:20 AM ---   Sigh. I don't have the energy to pursue this topic any longer, discuss amongst yourselves if you desire. I  am just baffled how they could take something as near perfect as the Vintage Pro and F it up. I need to lie down it's making my head hurt.

--- End quote ---

And they charge more for it, too.

lowend1:

--- Quote from: 4stringer77 on March 16, 2024, 05:50:33 PM ---Hey, we're just catching up to the rest of the cool kids around here. I don't envy the youth when it comes to what they're looking at for buying a house now. Fifty isn't really such a huge number. Just fifty thousand bucks gets you that new Jimmy Page double neck. What a deal!  :o

--- End quote ---

They're also making a lot more money (generally speaking) as they come into the house-buying years too. Plus, they're generally not amenable to fixer-uppers, which is something many of us just accepted as a matter of course. Every generation has its challenges - personally, I'd rather deal with this than the Depression, WWII or Vietnam.

Alanko:
On the subject of Gibson QC, I was looking at a pair of new NR Thunderbirds today. One was sparkling burgundy. Looking at it in sunlight, from an oblique angle, there was an odd 'washboarding' to the front of the bass. Long vertical ripples running the length of the body. Clearly a thin glossy nitro finish over a not very flat piece of wood, which seems a bit odd? Anybody else noticed this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version