Author Topic: Is there an instrument "missing" from your herd that you would love to find...?  (Read 3755 times)

birdie

• Trying hard to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
A Rick is one significant brand missing in my closet....would love to study the construction up close.
Also a Gibson Triumph w/ a three post bridge ( not the 40 lb. original LP) already have one of those!!
Fleet Guitars

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
I'd like:
An original NR II in Inverness Green or burst
An '60s T-bird in natural mahogany
An RD Artist
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Strike one...!
Strike two...!
Home run on the third...! (for my little herd, mind you, slightly modified) ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

In no order........

New large body Les Paul
Yellow/red/black RD Artist
'80s Graphics Explorer
Some kind of EB.

Who am I kidding.........Another 'Bird would be nice.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
No one could ever accuse you of being predictable, Ma'am... :mrgreen:

(Thought the RD might show up ;))
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
I definitely have more basses than I need, but an original style slab telebass is top of my list.  If I ever build one, it will be short scale...because the more I play, the more I like short scale basses.  That new Bach is somewhere between an inspiration and a temptation.

Also - there's a bluegrass band that plays at our annual neighborhood picnic, and the bass player is a very nice lady with a 40's Kay bass.  The last three years, she has invited me to play a couple of numbers with the band.  It has re-kindled my love for the upright bass, and I'm starting to search Craigslist ads in the Denver area.  Basses like this one are interesting, but I can't find a single reference to the bass brand online so I'm leery.

I had a white "plywood" King bass with a German neck for years, but I had to sell it a few years back when I needed to move gear from Washington to TX and I had no room to move it.

http://denver.craigslist.org/msg/2486916110.html
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:46:08 AM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile

'80s Graphics Explorer

THIS ONE! :D :D :D

A pinkburst would be nice too. Or a red. Or both 3. Anyway, I would welcome any fungus-free explorer.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Highlander

• View Profile
... It has re-kindled my love for the upright bass...

That's a 3/4... Never played anything other than "full scale" - are there any intersting issues for non vertically challenged types...? Don't know how tall you are, Al, but I clock in at 6' 1" these days and when I played them (late 60's) I used to have to stand on a stool to reach the neck...!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
The 3/4 size bass is considered the "standard" upright.  At least in the US, you don't see many full size uprights - they're just too darn big for most people.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
I'd love to have a "real" good sounding Precision in Olympic white, preferably vintage, probably 70's. I loved the one a buddy of mine had that was stolen, and it was a 77-78. My only P-bass is my Fender Mexi 2nd (bought new BTW) which has a 1" too shallow neck pocket, making it a 35" scale bass and WAY more harmonically active than you would ever associate with a Precision. Other than that, it's all "boutique" stuff, but I would be super picky about it. I've always wanted to try a Dingwall, too.