Author Topic: I will single-handedly dissolve this forum ...  (Read 8949 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: I will single-handedly dissolve this forum ...
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »
Nitpick?  I'm in awe of the minutiae that you guys know.  All I know is what I remember hearing as a kid from the original DP. 
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2015, 02:59:37 PM »
Re some of our detailed knowledge... the expression "get a life" comes to mind, Bill... :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:11:07 PM by Highlander »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »
I'm on vacation in Seattle, playing turista in Pike Place Market and along the waterfront with my family.  My 56-year-old brother got marries yesterday so we pulled the whole family together.  Don't know that we'll catch any music, as we're headed over to the east side tomorrow...but I'm checking in when I get a break in relaxing.  Tough duty.

Took a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and back (one of my favorite things to do.)  I can report that DP was not present on the ferry.  As seen from the ferry, that's Century Link field (the Clink,) home of the Seahawks on the left, Safeco field of the Mariners on the right.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 06:29:24 AM »
Re some of our detailed knowledge... the expression "get a life" comes to mind, Bill... :mrgreen:

To be polite, I wasn't gonna say it!  I have a ton of trivia in my head after all those years of college, none of it about such musical details.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »
I'm on vacation in Seattle, playing turista in Pike Place Market and along the waterfront with my family.  My 56-year-old brother got marries yesterday so we pulled the whole family together.  Don't know that we'll catch any music, as we're headed over to the east side tomorrow...but I'm checking in when I get a break in relaxing.  Tough duty.

Took a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and back (one of my favorite things to do.)  I can report that DP was not present on the ferry.  As seen from the ferry, that's Century Link field (the Clink,) home of the Seahawks on the left, Safeco field of the Mariners on the right.

Al,

Call me if you have any time 206-824-4471.

Here's my waterfront shot from the car deck on ferry from Bremerton to Seattle on 7/19 returning from a band trip......

On the northern edge on the peninsula, the mountains in the distance are Vancouver Island - quite the sunset!

After the show with a fan..........

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
Perhaps DP is surreptitiously making a pop-culture comeback:

Bonus points for it being based on a movie shot in my hometown!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2015, 02:31:09 AM »
Seattle is lovely. As is Alison. Plus her guy. And his car!

See the Chihuly Exhibition at the Space Needle!!! It's like walking through an Avatar world.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:39:31 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:23 AM »
Seattle is lovely. As is Alison. Plus her guy. And his car!

See the Chihuly Exhibition at the Space Needle!!! It's like walking through an Avatar world.

True enough Uwe, however the girl in the pic is a fan from the weekend's show - I traveled without Miss Peacock this trip so I got to fraternize  ;)

We have been enjoying an unusually hot, dry spring/summer, wish you and Edith were coming back, we'd sit outside and dine (No fish tho!) 

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
I immediately knew/saw that your groupie wasn't Alison!!! General decorum - always high on my list - kept me from drawing this holy forum's attention to it. You are under surveillance now.

What's next? A new car?!

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
I immediately knew/saw that your groupie wasn't Alison!!! General decorum - always high on my list - kept me from drawing this holy forum's attention to it. You are under surveillance now.

What's next? A new car?!

Clairvoyant?

I haven't had this very long, it's a very pristine 2006 that was my Sister in laws' car, low miles, nice heated leather seats, a big sunroof, a subwoofer under my butt  ;) nice set of Michelens  = 1 Happy Drag Queen.
I'm keeping the old blue one, has about 250K miles on it and I can't let go it's a great car.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
Subwoofer...? TMI... :mrgreen:
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2015, 03:04:56 AM »
Speaking of low frequencies ...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:13:14 AM by uwe »

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2015, 04:43:13 PM »
I planned to follow that with a certain AC/DC track but can't find a clean audio for it...  ;)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 08:51:47 AM »
Mark, I didn't call because it was kind of a quick trip for a family wedding and I had the whole family to keep up with. It would have been great to see you, but the timing didn't work.  I'm over in Pullman now, having stocked up on Cougar gear for display in Colorado and spent some time with my wife's dad, who unfortunately isn't doing very well. 

I was even within 100 yards of Bass NW and didn't get to check in.  Dang.

I'll post some photos soon - working without a good way to transfer from Facebook. We did take the family to the Chihuly exhibit...mind-blowing, and I got many photos.  (I think of him as Gilhooley, since I have seen Donovan's Reef too many times...)

Heading back to Denver Friday and will check in when I return. We're staying at the family farm in Colfax, 7 miles from town in a 1000-foot deep canyon and there is no cell service or Internet connection there.  I borrowed a friend's computer in Pullman to check in.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »

We had good friends in Colfax - nice memories there.
Pretty effing hot over there today -  here too, we're touching 95.