Author Topic: Mighty Toilet Warriors  (Read 12127 times)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Mighty Toilet Warriors
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2013, 06:01:30 AM »
No longer eligible due to injudicious comment.  Probably best for both parties.

LOL!  I was banned once for a non-editorial comment about global warming.  I finally stopped going there.  I met some great people there, met them when I organized several Ohio FDP jams, but it doesn't make sense to pay money for a site that censors content like Mr. Greene does, and the volatility index was getting pretty bad.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2013, 07:44:48 AM »
WDF!?  ???  You, "Professor Nice Guy", banned!?  Just can't get my head around that one ;)

See Gweimer comment above.  The ethos on the FDP is much, much farther right than this forum. Dave also provides a nice role model for tolerance in terms of the breadth of expression here.  There are indeed some very nice members on the FDP.  Note that I said members, not owner.

Knowing that Dave rightly discourages criticism of other forums, I shall eschew further comment.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2013, 08:08:19 AM »
I think it was on the FDP when someone I won't name first broadcast that I was "flying my Epi freak flag".   :thumbsup:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2013, 09:32:30 AM »
I think it was on the FDP when someone I won't name first broadcast that I was "flying my Epi freak flag".   :thumbsup:

Tolerance here even extends to non-Gibson owners!  :o

(Although I do own a token Gibson...)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »
I think it was on the FDP when someone I won't name first broadcast that I was "flying my Epi freak flag".   :thumbsup:

Guilty as charged.  ;D  I think it was early on at the Pit, though.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
Ich bin eine Gretsch freak.  Be kind.  :-[

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »
Totally kackered and going to bed... see you in the morning... :bored: zzzzzzz....

Amazingly, I've still not been benched here...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2013, 02:43:06 AM »
...and on the seventh day...

Fat chance... ;D

There are some pics I have added on the previous page as well as here - a bit of much needed tension release during smashing up the old bath...

Just concluding yesterdays stuff and starting off with a cute-and-fluffy interlude; my daughter's is the one on the right...

... we're dog-sitting the step-f-I-l's dog whilst he's at a family reunion... they slept through the lot...

Whilst sorting out the pipe clips to secure them within the wall I was drilling a hole for a rawl-plug when the drill must have hit a cavity and went straight through the wall... later, I had forgotten I had some older expanding foam so used that first - big mistake - past its best... and I also forgot the gloves, so I now have hands with stuff that will not come off until the skin goes with it... to further confound it, post depressurising the can... well... at least what I thought was fully depressurised... I punctured it and a slight spray ensued up my arm, so once dry I lost some arm hair...

... we just cracked up when this happened... sums up the whole trip...

We went out to pick up some further plumbing fittings, and I remembered that Jackie wanted a tap for the front garden so bought one to fit today with the finalising of the plumbing, and a 16mm SDS bit for the wall... forgot a bunch of other material (skirtings) went back and bought some cladding for the front of the bath...
When we got back Jackie spotted the wall and where the expanding foam had got loose I had not noticed the lot that had sprayed up the wall and across the sofits and gutters... post a further laughter crack-up, out came the scraper then I got on with the plumbing, washed down with some Weston's cider... ;D

... fitted the feet onto the bath... getting closer to putting into place...

... wow... this pic sums up how small the room is... and was how I left things last night...

... All the pipework is in place... hot is blown... cold just needs the hole cut in the wall for the exterior pipe (which will be run slightly downwards through the wall to leave drained for winter) and then can also be blown... some plastering this morning post the pipework, then bath should be in this afternoon, all being well... :rolleyes:

Oh yes... token Gibson content; and a tale of eternal shame... I'm just glad Uwe's away or I'd get a roasting about my RD...

I can't help but look at these poor beasties in the shed, which is somewhat disrupted at present due to relocation of stored items during works... I get huge pangs of guilt every time I go down here... to the left the RD hanging on a meat-hook... to the right the AD, also hanging on a meat hook... a Jazz neck to the rear in need of a body... and on the bench, under a heap of debris, are the remains of a wrecked V bass copy that I'll let Roshina use for "art..."

Two cups of coffee later and I'm ready for today... hopefully back later with some good news 'cos, boy... do I need a bath...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:52:00 AM by CAR-54 »
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Holy crap, that's even worse than I thought. At least the pic shows you can sort of smile through the pain of it all.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
I extend great respect to anyone tackling this project.  It's a double-handful.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »

Jeez, Kenny!
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
You have my utmost respect Kenny!  All that concrete - eesh!

What amazes me is just how foreign, pardon the pun, all of you fittings are to me.  The tub is nothing like we would use stateside and most of the terminology is differs as well - here the outside faucet is called a "hose bib" - don't know why but that what it's called.

Your bathroom does look similar to the typical bathrooms found in many small post war houses built here in the states - three pieces in a 5x5 square room.  The house I grew up in had two such bathrooms situated back to back to centralize plumbing.  We didn't give any concern to them being small - we were beside ourselves that there were TWO bathrooms in the house.  The house was all of 1200 square feet and, at the time, we thought we were living in lap of luxury.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
You guys inspire me to be a renter for a long time.   8)

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2013, 03:47:31 PM »
This is making me tired just looking at it... What are your walls actually made of? Are those cement blocks or something else?
My old house (from 1940) had an early 60's bathroom in it still, and was all rotten behind the (ugly) tiles. One day my spouse decided to try to remove the ugly shower doors (one frosted, one "tile" pattern...???) Most of the wall came off with the door frame, all 3 walls around the bathtub were rotten, along with some of the floor. This was "pre-kids" so we just paid a friend who was starting a contracting business to redo everything for us. Looking at Kenny's pix is making me glad all over again that I didn't take that on, because I'd probably still be at it now, from '07...
The bathrooms at our current house (from 1976) are ready to go, and they're built back-to-back so one has to be torn out to work on the other one. They're butt ugly, and look every minute of their age so that's OK but that also means I have to budget for 2 remodels instead of just one.

Also I read somewhere that when compared to other countries, the UK has the smallest average house sizes. THat bathroom kind of points that out...
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
Our internal lounge width is about 18' by 16' L shaped, and we have a sun-lounge right across the back of the bungalow, about 8' deep... two bedrooms... monster loft space but too shallow for a legit move up...
The inner walls are what we call "breeze-block" which originates from waste material from furnaces... tough and light...

I'll post the pictures another time and keep it short as I'm totally shagged out and hurting... getting the bath in aggravated a shoulder injury, given me an issue with my right hamstring, and my back has now gone into spasm, but I did have a bath, in the new bath, in the partially plastered and fully live plumbing bathroom... ;)
Now taken the pain killers and bed awaits...

I never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to work (nine working days 'til I leave for pastures new) ... at least I'll get a rest... ;D

No tiles up yet... :rolleyes: