Author Topic: Mighty Toilet Warriors  (Read 12085 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Toilet Warriors
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
It's been a long day's grout
And he's been workin' like a dog....

(you, not your poor sad pup who doesn't like his routine disrupted)

Looking good. Patience, my friend.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »

Looks good so far Ken!
Nice weather this summer in the U.K.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2013, 02:27:31 AM »
you guys are a bad influence!today i replaced our cistern with a dux double flush and installed a new seat too..not quite in the same league as the high tech turd tamers y'all have been talking about but functional nonetheless.
Louder bass!.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2013, 04:47:11 AM »
I love that tile pattern, Ken!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
... more to follow as I'm falling asleep after a long days grout...

Sounds like a phrase from the poem "The Night Before Christmas".

That's quite a pattern you have going.  I don't envy the measurements and planning, but it's really unusual and cool.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
Sounds like a phrase from the poem "The Night Before Christmas".

That's quite a pattern you have going.  I don't envy the measurements and planning, but it's really unusual and cool.

Holy Chalk Line Squirrelman!  My head aches just thinking about laying that out, and keeping it plumb and level, it looks great!  Did you at least have one of those new fangled laser thingies to setup some level starting lines?

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »
Al and Buzz... All line of sight but the pattern hides imperfections, excluding the wall, which "waves" like the sea in a storm, sort of...  :-\

Carlo... kind of following art-deco pattern stylings... if you look at it, it rotates clock and anti clock and the pattern follows in any direction; I completed it without any screw-ups, much to my delight, excluding my "Roll The Bones" moment behind the sink, where they turned into dice...  ;D

Lino went in without a hitch - mosaic style again...

Dice squares just visible here... my one concern was the taps... resurrected old style taps for the bath and a modern style tap for the sink... both were cost related issues I can live with...

Yippee... running water...

Yes, on occasion, I do that most un-masculine of things... the instruction booklet...

This was all Friday through last weekend to Monday... Since then, the grouting was finished yesterday, I polished it off this morning, refitted the shower, the radiator is on the wall, and a variety of other minor items have been done... painting door frames and wood-work, etc, so it's boring stuff from here... I'll post the last of the pics soon...

But I'll be back with the next instalment soon (no choice in this one) with the joys of removing the toilet, cutting through a 4" cast iron soil pipe and fitting a new one...  :o :o :o

Same time, same channel... ;D

Oh, btw Dave, he's a she called Nala, after the lion in the Lion King, and is very spoilt by the Roshina... ;)

ps... Mark... can't complain about the weather... most un British...  ;D

pps... Tony... all part of the service...  :vader: :popcorn: :toast:

Oh yeah... before anyone notices or comments on the offset sink... 600mm sink and cupboard... 600mm mirror cabinet... 600mm radiator... all positioned to line-of-sight, once finished... cupboard & cabinet door opening, towels on the radiator etc
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:59:49 PM by CAR-54 »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
All I have to say is thank the gods you're wearing a pair of "mom jeans" shorts - it did spare us the dreaded plumbers crack  :P

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
Put that tongue away...  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...